SW Dev Prin Engineer
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
Software Development Principal Engineer
You will be responsible for all aspects of SonicWALL Security products in the area of Policy Management. As a Principle Software Engineer, you will be designing and developing next generation features and enhancements of the Policy Management products at SonicWall. You will be responsible for working closely within a team of engineers to drive towards successful execution of projects. You will also be working closely with multiple cross-functional engineering teams, potentially located in multiple time zones, to arrive at innovative design solutions for the security products.
This position will also serve as an escalation point for addressing any customer escalations identified against the products.
- Maintain existing Web-Applications by implementing new features and fixing bugs
- Able to rapidly develop prototypes to identify the best set of technologies and toolkits to use for new feature development
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior team engineers
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Facilitate problem diagnosis and resolution for issues reported by Customers
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Java / J2EE & related technologies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Open Source frameworks such as Spring, Struts, design patterns as well as Agile software development methodology, RESTful protocols and web services
- Expert skills in SQL and database design, Hibernate a must
- Exceptional user interface and experience design skills and an understanding of user-centered design disciplines and principals, as well as an eye for subtle detail
- AngularJS platform experience is a must
- Expert skills in XML, XSL/T, JSON and related technologies and protocols, SQL and database design and experience with persistence frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Experience with big data technologies and products a PLUS
- Knowledge of Internet Security, Firewalls, AV, Anti-Spam technologies a PLUS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Show aptitude to learn new things and incorporate new ideas
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area of study
- 10+ years of industry hands-on experience in the skills requested above
SonicWall is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager, Developer Relations
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Enigma, New York, NY
Analytics Applications Engineer
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer (Front End)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA