Full Stack Staff Engineer-UI Heavy
SonicWall, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just a another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
The position will be based out of Bangalore, India. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Software Engineering in Milpitas, CA.
NOTE: Looking for Full Stack Java Developer with experience with frameworks and enterprise products**
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Ability to debug and fix server-side APIs using Java.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Create technical design specifications and participate in design reviews.
- Perform unit testing for application and integration with third party tools.
- Facilitate problem diagnosis and prompt resolution for issues reported by customers
- Maintain existing software features by implementing enhancements and fixing bugs
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, test case reviews, and process enhancements
- BSc, BE, B.Tech. or equivalent, MSCS, MCA
- 3+ years of experience developing commercial enterprise-level web applications with emphasis on the front-end development. Experience with Server-side API development using Java is a plus.
- A high level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
- Good knowledge and practical experience of build tools like Webpack, Rollup etc. Preferably Webpack.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN. Preferably Git.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- Basic knowledge of graphical tools such as GIMP or Photoshop, so that you can make small changes to images
- Ability to quickly isolate and troubleshoot issues
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, agile team environment using JIRA, Confluence and Git
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
#LI-BK1 - Badrul
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.