Senior Full Stack Web Developer- Remote
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
SonicWall is seeking a talented full-stack Web Developer to join an established team during an exciting time of growth and innovation. Candidates should have a passion for coding and demonstrated experience with creating highly polished websites. An understanding of systems architecture and devops skills a major plus. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full web development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Implement and manage WordPress themes and plugin development
- Create dynamic, cross-platform compatible front-end web interfaces using XHTML & SCSS
- Convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Development of high-quality, maintainable, standards-compliant code
- Integration of third-party systems with WordPress
- Ensure high-performance and availability, managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Merge & deploy front-end and back-end WordPress development using Git
- Troubleshoot and/or consolidate code from multiple developers in real-time
- Readily participate with other team members and stakeholders to provide ideas, cost and time estimates
- Search engine optimization
- Server performance optimization and maintenance
- Improve and iterate on existing features through A/B testing, user or team feedback
- Development of end-user and developer documentation per project requirements
- Keep up to date with best practices in developing and designing the web, web usability, web design and industry trends
Required Qualification & Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years of development experience
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites with WordPress
- Experience creating multilingual websites with Wordpress (WPML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git, SVN or Mercurial)
- Knowledge of XD or other equivalent mockup tools
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors & bundlers (SASS)
- Knowledge of databases, database architecture and SQL
- Knowledge of backend technologies like PHP, Phython, Node.js
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
- Experience working with web servers (e.g. Apache, NGINX) and cloud computing platforms (AWS – specifically EC2, RDS, Cloudfront & S3)
- Knowledge of API principles (e.g. REST)
- Strong understanding of web security
- Strong understanding of UI (UX), cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Knowledge on implementing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Marketing Automation Analytics, or similar platforms preferred
- Experience in working with agile processes, tools and teams is preferred
- Knowledge of cookie consent management is desirable
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Good GIF game
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 215 countries.
#Wordpress #deployment #python #PHP #FullStack #Webdeveloper
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Associate Brand Manager (Creative Strategist)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)