About the Team
We are a small team that emphasizes on moving fast and delivering impactful products through technical excellence. Our tech stack varies from a highly scalable and available architecture, processing more than 10K API requests per second, to big data processing and data analytics with 1.5B events per day. The team is focused on building out the next generation of eCommerce products to serve publishers on the Web with cutting-edge technologies and algorithms including advanced implementations of Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and Natural Language Processing (NLP), among many others.
About the Job
Our Commerce team works on our core suite of products and scales our infrastructure to meet increasing demands of new traffic. You will get to work on products that millions of users view and interact with on a daily basis. There will be lots of opportunities to grow in technical leadership and gain experience and exposure across our advanced tech stack, as well as drive initiatives to improve the business and platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Back-end product/systems development with AWS, using Java and Scala
- Design and build robust, web-based, distributed applications that can scale to handle tens of thousands of requests per second
- Lead projects across large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles
- Contribute software engineering best practices and technical excellence through code reviews and mentorship of junior engineers
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership of projects and initiatives
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team but are also independent in terms of getting things done. You love technical challenges and solving problems all while striving to make better software and products.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years significant back-end experience as a software engineer in a formal product development environment
- Highly proficient in Java, Spring, SQL, and relational databases (MySQL, RDS)
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: AWS, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka, Microservice architectures, Data Warehouse technical architectures (Redshift), RESTful web services
- Extensive experience leading design and implementation of highly available and scalable, complex Web systems using Test Driven Development (TDD) and in an Agile setting
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in an analytical area such as computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in the ecommerce, web analytics, search, and cloud computing space
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
About us Sovrn believes content creators and publishers are the soul of the Internet. Their content is what makes the Internet great. That’s why we give content creators tools to make money, access to distribution and scale to grow their audience, and a massive data commons for extraordinary insights. At Sovrn we don’t just plug into the online advertising ecosystem. We own & operate a proprietary ad technology stack with direct connections to every major buyer in the world. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colo. with offices in Denver, New York and London.