Through our publishers, Sovrn reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in low milliseconds and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission. As a Sr. Software Engineer on Sovrn’s AdTech Team you will work with a small autonomous team in an agile environment. You will deliver functionality which will help our customers monetize their advertising real estate. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. The fast paced and complex industry coupled with tight code SLAs require our applications to push the boundaries of performance and scalability. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation stack which is key to our success.
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing projects in a highly scalable and performant environment using Java, C++ or another backend language
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- Knowledge of web and internet fundamentals
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Source control (GitHub, SVN, etc.)
- Build and deployment tools (Maven, grunt, etc)
- Development experience on Linux/POSIX type OS platforms
- Proficient storing into relational databases like MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with full SDLC and Agile methodologies / SCRUM
- Articulate; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advertising industry experience
- Experience with Spring Frameworks such as Spring Boot
Our Tech Stack
- Ad Servers powered by Java/Spring, Jetty, MySQL, Aerospike
- Lambda based data pipeline leveraging Kafka, Apache Storm, MapR
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering
About us Sovrn believes content creators and publishers are the soul of the Internet. Their content is what makes the Internet great. That’s why we give content creators tools to make money, access to distribution and scale to grow their audience, and a massive data commons for extraordinary insights. At Sovrn we don’t just plug into the online advertising ecosystem. We own & operate a proprietary ad technology stack with direct connections to every major buyer in the world. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colo. with offices in Denver, New York and London.
Want to learn more about Sovrn? Visit Sovrn's website.
Jobs You May Like
Life Sciences GxP Compliance Sales Specialist (Chicago, IL)
Box, Chicago, IL
Camera Integration Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Streaming Application Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto
Command Alkon, Birmingham, AL
Systems Engineer, Sales - Chicago
Qumulo, Chicago, IL
Software Engineer (Healthcare Data)
Amino, San Francisco