About the Job
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of talented engineers building our flagship Sovrn products: //Signal and //Connect. In this role, you’ll spend less time writing code, but may remain engaged in technical deliverables. You’ll be responsible for clarifying deliverables, identifying bottlenecks in the process and eliminating roadblocks for your team so they can achieve more than they thought was possible.
We believe in dedication, passion and personality. We need someone who can manage diverse, talented, and motivated engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements.
About the Team
We are an autonomous, agile team focused on delivering functionality to help our customers monetize their advertising real estate and understand customer engagement. We love collaboration, open dialogue and we are passionate about developing high quality, scalable microservice code in a cloud environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Mentor and coach career development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Grow your existing team by recruiting talented engineering personnel and be comfortable closing candidates.
- Provide engineers with the tools, confidence, and motivation to operate with autonomy.
- Guide the teams’ technical strategy and roadmap and develop success metrics (KPI’s) in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Work with technical leads and senior engineers to translate business requirements into technical deliverables and provide project estimates.
- Ensure your team is suitably trained to perform job functions.
- Drive bottoms-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders inside and outside the team.
You are a master communicator, trust builder, a catalyst of collaboration, and driver of delivery. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration with teams. You will roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure objects are achieved. You understand that the success of your team is your success, not the other way around. You’re a leader who takes an active role in pushing Sovrn engineering forwards while embodying our core company values.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous management of a team of 5 - 8 engineers responsible for developing fullstack web applications.
- Experience building and running distributed systems at scale in production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- Passion and drive to help the team improve and deliver great products.
- Active listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and mentoring others.
- Technical experience developing, building, or deploying products built with Typescript
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS
- You’ve worked container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About us Sovrn believes content creators and publishers are the soul of the Internet. Their content is what makes the Internet great. That’s why we give content creators tools to make money, access to distribution and scale to grow their audience, and a massive data commons for extraordinary insights. At Sovrn we don’t just plug into the online advertising ecosystem. We own & operate a proprietary ad technology stack with direct connections to every major buyer in the world. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colo. with offices in Denver, New York and London.