Sovrn, is currently seeking a Principal Cloud Engineer to play an integral role in architecting, prioritizing, and implementing Sovrn’s cloud initiatives. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Reliability, you will be responsible for leading key cloud transformation activities that will require strong collaboration and leadership across the organization. You will be relied upon to proactively define the architecture principles, guidelines, patterns, and standards as we look to leverage cloud technologies to expand the capabilities of our business. The Principal Cloud Engineer will partner closely across the organization providing technical mentoring, guidance and clarification to other architects and technical implementation resources.
- Lead deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure proper solution engineering when leveraging cloud solutions.
- Monitor the implementation of architecture throughout the domain and lead technical cloud implementation projects.
- Provide effective communication and mentoring to business and technical community.
- Lead the definition of cloud principles, guidelines, patterns, and standards.
- Partner with the organization to work in DevOps deployment of architected solutions
- Apply appropriate estimating techniques to determine the level of effort required for the technical implementation of solutions.
- Provide technical and architectural/vision alignment guidance to and mentor junior team members
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving automation and cloud technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of the Cloud technologies and the key vendor offerings (AWS and/or GCP certifications highly desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working with automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Working knowledge of ITIL and Agile
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure (sysadmin, database, network, cloud).
- Functional understanding of the Devops model.
- Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as: Docker, Mesos, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience building and maintaining cloud network topologies.
- Experience with Cloud based security protocols.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration and networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Engineering/CS/Information Systems degree preferred
- Experience with Low-latency environments preferred
- Direct experience with Cloud data utilities (Kinesis, Firehose, GCP dataflow, RDS, dynamoDB, GCP datastore) preferred.
Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Reliability
About us Sovrn believes content creators and publishers are the soul of the Internet. Their content is what makes the Internet great. That’s why we give content creators tools to make money, access to distribution and scale to grow their audience, and a massive data commons for extraordinary insights. At Sovrn we don’t just plug into the online advertising ecosystem. We own & operate a proprietary ad technology stack with direct connections to every major buyer in the world. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colo. with offices in Denver, New York and London.
Want to learn more about Sovrn? Visit Sovrn's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Digital Marketing Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
Web Developer - San Francisco, CA
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Curalate, Seattle, WA
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Software Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Security - Security Engineering
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley