Summary of the Position
- You believe Soylent is in a unique position to radically improve our food system through technology. The mission to reduce wasteful complexity and build a utilitarian product is not only an admirable goal but also ripe opportunity to leverage data for a great cause. By using your foundational knowledge in statistics and programming, you will passionately apply new technologies to optimize processes and drive action using facts. You intend to reduce uncertainty and increase efficiency through data-driven decision-making. You believe that the collaborative and multidisciplinary environment at Soylent is ultimately better for both your personal growth as a generalist and also your professional development as a data analyst.
What we're looking for
- It’s worth noting that most things are not and should not be done unilaterally. While responsibility should be taken individually, the objectives here are almost all achieved through teamwork.
- Translate business requirements to actionable data tasks (English <-> SQL)
- Develop and automate reporting on core infrastructure (Looker, NetSuite, etc.).
- Promote data-driven decision-making through actionable insights derived from quantitative analyses (e.g., revenue reporting, customer models, price decisioning).
- Work with other departments (e.g., finance and marketing) on ongoing projects and improve their access to data (data requests, SQL queries, Excel).
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree that teaches some statistics and programming (or equivalent experience)
- 1–2 years of professional experience in a quantitative analyst role
- Prior experience with BI, statistics, and databases/programming
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and lunches
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail
In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.
Want to learn more about Soylent? Visit https://www.soylent.com/
Jobs You May Like
Ad Operations Coordinator
Strategic Insights & Analytics Intern NY/LA - Summer 2018
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Sr. Risk Data Scientist
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Product Manager (KL)
Piktochart, Kuala Lumpur
Sr. Software Engineer (Embedded Algorithms) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Staff Data Scientist
Fitbit, US - San Francisco