Summary of the Position
- Soylent is looking for a brand director that will report directly to the CMO. The brand director role at Soylent is a mix of brand and product management.
- This person will be responsible for tying the work from the marketing functions, and the cross functions into one cohesive plan.
- He/she will aid in development of brand and product strategy, including: Working consumer insights to better understand our current target and identify new opportunities, Working with sales to develop customer specific offerings, Competitive assessment, Look across the 4Ps to determine best ways execute our strategies
- In this role, he/she will be responsible for working with finance and engineering to measure and track consumer metrics and develop plans to optimize and deliver KPIs
- In addition to working directly with the creative and media teams, this role (and their team) will have direct responsibility for customer marketing, e-mail marketing, partnerships, and other initiatives that don’t fall directly into traditional marketing.
- Own continuous and progressive innovation and partner on platform innovation
What We're Looking For
- Someone with a passion for understanding the consumer and the ability to harness that passion into strong consumer centric strategies
- Ability to make decisions with your head (data driven) and your heart (gut feel, consumer intuition)
- Good marketing intuition with a proven track record of getting the best out of their agency partners to deliver world class marketing that drives the business
- A good understanding of various channels, across e-commerce and retail
- A strong track record of getting the most out of their team via people management skills and mentoring
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to tell stories from data.
- A clear and succinct presentation style for sharing new strategies as well as tracking existing strategies with those they work with, and guiding the process of translating insight into strategy.
- Someone with strong learning and organizational agility. We’re a start-up. Things change often!
Education & Experience
- Education: BA or BS degree; MBA ideal
- Industry experience: Experience as a brand manager or director at a CPG company. Experience on a lifestyle brand a plus.
- Product experience: Required experience working on related product categories (nutrition, beverages, etc)
- Agency management: Experience working with and managing creative, media agencies
- People management: Must have experience managing direct reports as well as broader team without direct reporting responsibilities
- Problem solving: Ability to sift through large amounts of data and determine the key pieces to help make a decision. Must be comfortable and confident leaning in when there is a lack of hard information to help make a decision.
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and lunches
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail
In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.
Want to learn more about Soylent? Visit https://www.soylent.com/
Jobs You May Like
Director of Corporate Communications
Refinery29, New York
Email Marketing Associate
Vimeo, New York, NY
Brand Creative Director (can be based in LA or SF)
ModCloth, San Francisco, CA
PPC Campaign Manager
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Marketing Assistant - Boston
Yelp, Boston, MA
Brand Strategy Director (Sales)
BuzzFeed, Sao Paulo