Summary of the Position
- The Brand Director is responsible for developing Soylent’s brand and product strategy, including: Optimizing Marketing plans, working consumer insights to better understand our current target and identify new opportunities, increasing brand equity, and establishing growth drivers. In addition to working directly with the creative and media teams, this role (and their team) will have direct responsibility for customer marketing, email marketing, partnerships, and other initiatives that don’t fall directly into traditional marketing.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Build the innovation pipeline for all products and will work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Product teams to enhance business plan execution and new product launch effectiveness.
- Work with the sales team to develop customer specific offerings, competitive assessments, and look across the 4Ps to determine best ways execute our strategies.
- Own continuous and progressive innovation and partner on platform innovation
What We're Looking For
- Someone with a passion for understanding the consumer and the ability to harness that passion into strong consumer centric strategies
- Ability to make decisions with your head (data driven) and your heart (gut feel, consumer intuition)
- Good marketing intuition with a proven track record of getting the best out of their agency partners to deliver world class marketing that drives the business
- A good understanding of various channels, across e-commerce and retail
- A strong track record of getting the most out of their team via people management skills and mentoring
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to tell stories from data.
- A clear and succinct presentation style for sharing new strategies as well as tracking existing strategies with those they work with, and guiding the process of translating insight into strategy.
- Someone with strong learning and organizational agility. We’re a start-up. Things change often!
Education & Experience
- Education: BA or BS degree; MBA ideal
- Industry experience: Experience as a brand manager or director at a CPG company. Experience on a lifestyle brand a plus.
- Product experience: Required experience working on related product categories (nutrition, beverages, etc)
- Agency management: Experience working with and managing creative, media agencies
- People management: Must have experience managing direct reports as well as broader team without direct reporting responsibilities
- Problem solving: Ability to sift through large amounts of data and determine the key pieces to help make a decision. Must be comfortable and confident leaning in when there is a lack of hard information to help make a decision.
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and lunches
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail
In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.
Want to learn more about Soylent? Visit Soylent's website.
Jobs You May Like
EMEA Commercial Marketing Manager
Box, London, UK
Social Media Marketing Manager
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Director of Partnerships and Alliances
Kickstarter, San Francisco
Content Strategy Manager
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Marketing Manager, UK, US, ROI & ME
Vestiaire Collective, London