Summary of the Position
- Soylent is looking for a Media Manager that will report tentatively to the CMO until we hire our Media Director.
- As we evolve our media strategy, the team responsible for strategy, planning, execution, optimization, and tracking will be a mix of internal resources and media agency help. This role will be the first of the internal portion of this media team.
- At the onset, this role will be responsible for bringing all paid social and search spend in house. This includes planning, execution, optimization, and tracking.
- As the person grows in the role, there will be an opportunity and expectation that they take on more of the digital spend (programmatic, site direct, etc)
- Key KPIs for the role are new users brought in, improved ROAS, ability to increase spend.
- This person will be expected to be up to speed on the latest and greatest from our social partners. Always testing and learning.
- There’s an opportunity and expectation to be very innovative in this role. We love trying new things. Crazy creative. The latest targeting tools. Etc.
- The person in this role will build and/or grow relationships with our key vendors.
What we're looking for
- Someone with a passion for understanding the consumer and the ability to harness that passion into strong consumer centric strategies
- Ability to make decisions with your head (data driven) and your heart (gut feel, consumer intuition)
- Good marketing intuition with a proven track record of getting the best out of their partners to deliver world class marketing that drives the business
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to tell stories from data.
- Ability to work across functions, without a direct reporting relationship.
- Someone with strong learning and organizational agility. We’re a start-up. Things change often!
Education & Experience
- Education: BA or BS degree
- Industry experience: Must have previous experience managing at least a 7 figure budget across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and search accounts for a CPG company. Managing other social platforms and programmatic buys a plus.
- Results: Proven track record of improving return on ad spend and scaling spend
- Problem solving: Ability to sift through large amounts of data and determine the key pieces to help make a decision. Must be comfortable and confident leaning in when there is a lack of hard information to help make a decision.
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and lunches
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail
In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.
Want to learn more about Soylent? Visit https://www.soylent.com/
Jobs You May Like
Account Executive, Midmarket Sales
Managed By Q, San Francisco, CA
Trendyol, Istanbul / Maslak
Online Marketing - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE
Director of Marketing Operations
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Marketing Ops Specialist- EMEA
Confluent, London, UK
Senior Digital Analyst (CPG Specialist)
The Marketing Arm, New York