Supplier Quality Manager
Soylent, Los Angeles
A complete blend of everything the body needs to thrive
Summary of the Position
- The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a supplier and contract manufacturing program to include risk assessments, quality management plan, RCA/CAPA process, facility auditing and regulatory compliance (FDA).
What we're looking for
- Develop and maintain the Supplier Quality & Food Safety Risk Assessment for current and new ingredients and packaging
- Develop and manage material specification sheets for manufacturing materials, including requirements associated with allergens, nutritional, microbiological, quality and regulatory aspects.
- Lead assessment of the quality and food safety capabilities of new and existing suppliers. This includes on-site Quality & Food Safety audits, evaluating programs and management systems involved in the manufacturing, storage and transportation of ingredients, packaging and critical manufacturing materials.
- Develop and manage the execution of the Supplier Quality & Food Safety Management Plan for ingredient, packaging, and critical manufacturing materials
- Develop and oversee the execution of a Materials Monitoring Program, which includes planned immediate actions to address deviations at receiving and/or prior to use.
- Manage disposition of non-conforming ingredients, packaging and critical manufacturing materials while engaging Purchasing and other functions as needed (PD, QA).
- Maintain accurate records of documentation related to all ingredients and packaging supplier compliance programs including, but not limited to, Supplier Questionnaires, 3rd Party Audits and corrective action, Supplier Quality Tracking, etc.
- Provide supplier quality related training to Business Units.
- Maintain the Approved Supplier List in conjunction with Purchasing and Contract Manufacturing functions.
- Coordinate and execute on-site quality & food safety assessment of supplier facilities.
- Manage the Supplier RCA/CAPA program, which includes assessing the need to review Supplier Quality & Food Safety Risk Assessment and respective plan.
- Manage supplier performance by means of the Supplier Performance Scorecard.
- Developing, tracking and reporting adequate measures, metrics and goals that define Supplier Performance Scorecard, while ensuring consistent approach across multiple categories of materials.
- Network with 2nd Party auditing and consultants as needed to monitor development of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and ensure the Supplier Quality Management Program is adequate and capable of meeting such requirements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science-based area of study (i.e. Biology, Microbiology, Food Science / Technology, Chemistry)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Supplier Quality related experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements in the food industry (i.e. FDA, USDA, etc.)
- Working experience and trained in HACCP / PCQI
- Experience with Quality and Food Safety aspects of Supplier Management
- Ability to follow all quality policies and procedures; report and follow through on any deficiencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Technical Data Sheets and various industry related documentation.
- Experience in aseptic processing and dry blending operations preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing operation and organizational needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in Google Docs/Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as general data entry and data management
- Demonstrated effective project management and problem solving skills
- Up to 40% travel required (may include local, national, and international travel)
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and lunches
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail
In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.
Want to learn more about Soylent? Visit Soylent's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Hortonworks, Budapest, Hungary
Rider Supply Associate
Customer Success Director
Senior Operations Manager
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Data Annotator, Autonomous Vehicles
drive.ai, Mountain View
Business Development Director, Publisher Solutions
OpenX, OpenX - Pasadena