- Leads formulation efforts for baked, confectionery and savory products from bench-top through commercialization.
- Ensures that the formulas adhere to the target cost structure, food safety & regulatory parameters and meet the consumer acceptance targets set out for the products.
- Creates, designs, supervises the development of new experimental protocols/best practices required to validate product concepts and prototypes including shelf life testing studies and the development of physical & analytical specifications for the products.
- Conducts and leads assessment and capability studies, product startups/commercialization and provides on-site support to Operations when needed.
- Independently directs the activities of outside vendors including ingredients and services.
- Fosters an innovation culture by leading and participating in ideation efforts and continually introducing new ideas and product concepts.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by mentoring other food scientists and encouraging open collaboration within the team and with cross-functional teams and outside vendors.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Food Science, Bakery Science, Food Process Engineering (Masters preferred).
- 5-10+ years of food science experience with a proven track record in developing and commercializing baked, confectionary, extruded, and/or savory products.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to details, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and lead multiple projects at any given time in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Ability to think beyond the Product Development and Innovation function to consider the organization holistically.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.
Want to learn more about Soylent? Visit Soylent's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Product Manager (Data)
Demandbase, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Airbnb Plus
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
UX Designer - Apricity
iOS Mobile Developer
Aptos, Mexico - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Senior Product Designer
Invoice2go, Sydney, Australia
Marketo Operations Specialist
Pivotal Software, London, UK