Distribution Specialist Part Time - Salt Lake City, Utah
Specialized, Salt Lake City, UT
See jobs at Specialized
Are you able to work afternoons and evenings Monday-Wednesday to ensure quick turnaround times on same day orders? Are you an expert at balancing quality and accuracy with speed and efficiency? Would people say you have excellent attention to detail? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Perform all tasks as assigned, meeting or exceeding Specialized standards, while following all policies and procedures. Maintain the highest standards of quality and productivity at all times.
- Receiving: Unloading, checking, palletizing and staging for put-away all inbound goods.
- Order picking: Following established order priorities, select product for customer orders, check for and report product or packaging damage, complete associated order transactions, and deliver completed orders to checking station. Maintain neat, orderly product storage.
- Quality check: Carefully check all completed orders for accuracy, completeness and condition of product and packaging. Report and correct discrepancies as directed.
- Packing: Properly pack all customer orders to arrive in as-new, saleable condition. Package label and mark appropriately for assigned carrier and service.
- Shipping: Process shipping tasks to assure all customer orders are delivered to the correct destination, by the correct carrier and service, when and as promised. Perform all associated transactions.
- Safety: Perform no acts unsafe to yourself, your fellow employees, visitors or guests. Report any unsafe condition immediately to supervision.
- Attendance: Maintain acceptable attendance levels and adhere to company policies
- Other Assigned Tasks: Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Flexibility to work part-time hours, Monday-Wednesday afternoon/evening, Thursday-Friday as needed.
- English reading and writing skills
- Basic math skills
- Accurate part-number identification and matching skills
- Must be honest, self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to earn forklift certification
- Must have the ability to lift up to 70 lbs. repeatedly throughout the work day
- Must have the ability to maintain high level of physical activity through out the work day including but not limited to standing, walking, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
About us Founded on the principle of performance and fueled by innovation, our focus on the rider and their needs is our constant. From seasoned pros and weekend warriors, to kids and commuters—if you ride, we’re for you. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work here. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, the passionate and creative teammates at Specialized have designed and manufactured the world's most innovative bikes and gear since 1974.