Distribution Specialist - Salt Lake City, Utah
Specialized, Salt Lake City, UT
See jobs at Specialized
Do you have a proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines? Are you an expert at balancing quality and accuracy with speed and efficiency? Would people say you have excellent attention to detail? Do you enjoy challenging the status quo and participating in process improvement? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Perform distribution functions in one or more of the following areas:
- Receiving: Unloading, checking, palletizing and staging for put-away all inbound goods.
- Put-away: Select proper location, shelve goods, re-warehouse as necessary, and perform associated inventory transactions. Maintain neat, orderly product storage.
- Replenishment: Anticipate forward pick location shortfalls and pro-actively replenish forward pick locations from bulk. Perform associated inventory transactions. Maintain neat, orderly product storage.
- Order picking: Following established order priorities, select product for customer orders, check for and report product or packaging damage, complete associated order transactions, and deliver completed orders to checking station. Maintain neat, orderly product storage.
- Quality check: Carefully check all completed orders for accuracy, completeness and condition of product and packaging. Report and correct discrepancies as directed.
- Packing: Properly pack all customer orders to arrive in as-new, saleable condition. Package label and mark appropriately for assigned carrier and service.
- Shipping: Process shipping tasks to assure all customer orders are delivered to the correct destination, by the correct carrier and service, when and as promised. Perform all associated transactions.
- Tag and Load: Tag all outbound shipments with correct documents and load into proper carrier truck.
- Cycle count: Assist in accurate cycle counting, reconciliation and associated tasks.
- Physical Inventory: Assist in physical inventory counting, reconciliation and associated tasks. May be scheduled outside the normal work schedule. Attendance is mandatory.
- Product and Location Maintenance: Organize, consolidate, maintain, rework and clean product and locations as assigned.
- Discrepancies: Report all product, labeling, location, or condition issues immediately to supervision .
- Facilities: Clean and maintain facilities as required or assigned to assure a businesslike and impressive distribution center for our customers and guests.
- Material Handling: Achieve certification in the use of applicable material handling vehicles. Always operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reporting: Report immediately to supervision upon completion or stopping any assigned tasks.
- Safety: Perform no acts unsafe to yourself, your fellow employees, visitors or guests. Report any unsafe condition immediately to supervision.
- Other Assigned Tasks: Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- English (reading/writing) and basic math skills
- Accurate part-number identification and matching skills
- Must be honest, self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to earn forklift certification
- Must have the ability to lift and move 40 – 55 pounds approximately 50% of the work day, up to 70 pounds on occasion
- Must be able to bend and turn at waist, as well as bend at the knee. Must reach and lift over head, approximately 35% of the time
- Must have the ability to maintain high level of physical activity throughout the work day including but not limited to standing and walking
- 20% of the time, forklift maneuvering using left arm and hand to steer, right hand to control direction, speed, and lift
About This Job:
Our Distribution Team serves Specialized Retailers and Riders by shipping orders in real-time. As a result, we have need for both full and part time teammates to immediately respond to fluctuating shipping demands. Full time positions require daytime availability Monday through Friday (occasional Saturdays), and ability to work late Monday, Tuesday, and often Wednesday. Part time positions help us flex our staff to cover peak hours in our business; specifically Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons/evenings.
We have Distribution Specialist openings periodically throughout the year, so we are always accepting applications for this job. If an immediate opening is not available upon submission of your application, be assured your information remains active for the next available position.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
About us Founded on the principle of performance and fueled by innovation, our focus on the rider and their needs is our constant. From seasoned pros and weekend warriors, to kids and commuters—if you ride, we’re for you. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work here. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, the passionate and creative teammates at Specialized have designed and manufactured the world's most innovative bikes and gear since 1974.
Want to learn more about Specialized? Visit Specialized's website.
Jobs You May Like
Aptos, Montreal, Canada
Partner Operations Associate - EMEA
Hootsuite, Singapore, Asia
Addepar, Salt Lake City, UT
Operasyonel Mükemmellik Stajyeri
Trendyol, Istanbul / Tuzla
Customer Experience Specialist - Memphis
Enjoy, Memphis, TN