The incumbent will assume responsibility to serve as an in-house counsel and handle all complex legal matters and projects as well as advising the company on legal rights and duties.
- Global Legal
- Sales / Marketing
- Finance Department
- Market Leaders
- People & Culture
- Research & Development
- Managing local market legal counsel
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTPUTS
- Identify and analyze business objectives at a high level and make recommendations which satisfy and balance all interests across the business’s complex, international legal structure, especially concerning international tax considerations.
- Support the maintenance of the company’s corporate structure in collaboration with leadership, global legal, the company’s finance department and outside accounting firm.
- Engage with business leaders, working closely on the drafting, negotiation and finalization of strategic agreements.
- Planning, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of agreements including credit agreements, cross border agreements, consulting agreements, development agreements, supply agreements, and other general agreements.
- Work closely with and develop strong relationships with departments covering product, quality, sales, human resources, finance, marketing, information services.
- Provide advice to members of the company’s executive team and operations team on legal issues and special projects.
- Assist the company in assessing legal risks and provide sound practical legal advice that helps guide the company to a path which both minimizes risks but also allows the company to achieve business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Law degree – minimum 2:1/level
- 8 to 10 years of relevant legal experience as a corporate attorney, including experience at a leading law firm.
- Experience in managing and hands on work concerning domestic and international corporate entity formation, reorganization, maintenance, and dissolution.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- English (fluent). Second language (German and/or French) required.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be detail-oriented, a quick learner, and able to set and juggle priorities while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be independent, proactive, and self-motivated to perform duties with a high level of professionalism and minimal supervision.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and take prudent risks.
- Strong problem- solving capability.
- Desire to continually learn and improve, and take on additional areas of responsibility.
- Ability to manage a busy and diverse workload, and quickly and proactively identify and analyze potential legal issues.
- Capacity to cultivate strong client relationships and successfully influence leadership in a fast-paced, innovative business climate.
- Ability to drive legal strategies for the company and independently initiate new assignments and identify ways to improve process and operations.
- International travel up to 33%
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
About us Founded on the principle of performance and fueled by innovation, our focus on the rider and their needs is our constant. From seasoned pros and weekend warriors, to kids and commuters—if you ride, we’re for you. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work here. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, the passionate and creative teammates at Specialized have designed and manufactured the world's most innovative bikes and gear since 1974.
Want to learn more about Specialized? Visit Specialized's website.
Jobs You May Like
Global Product Development Finance Manager
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Finance Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Insurance Product
Oscar, New York
Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
Product & Privacy Counsel (Vancouver OR Toronto)
Hootsuite, Vancouver or Toronto
Trucking Carrier Relations Manager
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL