Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Global is a small but swiftly growing technology company that is changing the world with space data and analytics. Founded in 2012, Spire designs and operates one of the largest satellite constellations in the world (we just celebrated the launch of our 100th satellite), which it uses to gather maritime, aviation, and weather data. The company owns the entire stack from custom hardware to customer APIs. Operating in four countries across three continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
This role sells Spire maritime data products (Spire Sense). This is location-based data from maritime vessels and assets, associated predictive algorithms and associated vessel data. It can also include Maritime Weather data that we collect with our satellites.
We sell Maritime data services to a broad range of customers including:
- Information services providers – (Logistics, Application Service Providers (ASPs)
- Financial Services – Hedge Funds - Commodity Traders
- Insurance providers - Security related companies
- Logistics & Supply chain companies
- Ship owners and management companies/shipping alliances
We are hiring a Sales Manager in Singapore to support the growing demand in our APAC region under our head of Sales (Based in Luxembourg) and as part of a global sales team. The role requires excellent communication skills and someone that can build up fast and good rapport with potential customers. Most of the customer communication will be done by phone, email or video.
In addition the candidate is able to work independently, self starting mode as the candidate is the only sales person in the APAC region. He/She will be part of the Singapore team where approximately 10 engineers are working on our satellite and data products.
Client conversations could range from a Fortune 500 or smaller company product manager, to a start-up CEO or a data scientist.
Our organisation is fast growing and the sales team is building a predictable and repeatable sales process administered in Zendesk Sell. Sales managers must have an eye for detail. A natural interest with ongoing product improvement roll-outs and data industry trends is helpful.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Close commercial agreements with customers.
- Support the customers throughout their buying journey with Spire
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Collaborate with Lead Generation resources to further grow the customer base through prospecting and in some cases cold calling potential customers, improving a repeatable sales process to drive to closure.
- Reach and support team quarterly KPIs activity
- Manage accurate and complete information in Zendesk Sell
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.; as well as Market and Competitive trends.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 20% travel
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of quota Sales experience selling data services
- Good communicator
- Identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills and presence.
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally.
- You bring the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability and creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humour it takes to work with a fast growing organization.
- Maritime experience not required but a plus.
- Fluent in at least 2 languages: must include Chinese Mandarin (at least verbal)
- University degree
Our mission is to give every person the power to control their own mental and physical health by capturing realtime bio-signals and making the data useful and actionable. We are the recognized market leader in continuous respiration sensing, real-time interventions, and actionable feedback. Our Spire Stone product is sold in Apple Stores globally, we’ve received over 1200 five-star Amazon reviews, and we’re recommended by thousands of health professionals worldwide. Our platform processes over 20 billion data-points per day and our reach extends across the globe. Having experienced continuous growth since launch, we continue to invest in extending the breadth and scope of the outcomes our technology can deliver. We are currently working with partners across a range of mental and physical health conditions such as sleep, asthma, COPD, respiratory depression, and more. We are a small, diverse team dedicated to providing easy ways for people to improve their health. Our team includes leaders in hardware and software engineering, algorithms, marketing, healthcare, and operations from four different continents.