Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer, you will be designing and integrating custom components for our next-generation satellite platform.
This includes the design of PCBAs; the selection, evaluation, and integration of various off-the-shelf components and custom sensors, radios, and power systems; making last-minute fixes; working with third-party fabricators and assemblers; and interfacing with the software and mechanical teams. You may also participate in guiding software and mechanical design and may be involved at any stage of development including proof of concept to new product introduction.
- Electrical Design of Spacecraft electronics including requirement gathering, architecture and detailed design
- Schematic capture and PCB Layout using Altium Designer
- Power supply and power monitoring circuit design
- Signal and Power integrity simulation and analysis
- Peer review of schematics and layouts
- Board bring-up, verification and debugging
- Assisting and mentoring other team members to achieve their goals
What you bring:
- Electronics theory, including component knowledge and analogue and digital circuitry expertise
- Board design including schematic capture, PCB layout using any enterprise software (Altium preferred) with focus on Design for manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Experience with FPGA based designs
- Strong knowledge of High-speed digital layout design practices (matched impedance, stack up and manufacturing restrictions) and experience using SI tools.
- Experience with digital communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, USB, LVDS, Ethernet)
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analysers, multimeters, etc
- Experience with rigid-flex PCB design
- Strong Debugging experience and fault identification
What makes you stand out:
- SI tools experience like Hyperlynx or equivalent
- Experienced in High power electronic design and thermal management
- RF theory/circuitry (Power amps, filters, layout etc)
- EMC testing
- Space experience
Please note that our application process includes a challenge. Our motto is 'show me the data,' so if you make it to the challenge round, you'll have time to give us your best work on a problem that lets you put your skills on display or showcase your existing portfolio
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Our mission is to give every person the power to control their own mental and physical health by capturing realtime bio-signals and making the data useful and actionable. We are the recognized market leader in continuous respiration sensing, real-time interventions, and actionable feedback. Our Spire Stone product is sold in Apple Stores globally, we’ve received over 1200 five-star Amazon reviews, and we’re recommended by thousands of health professionals worldwide. Our platform processes over 20 billion data-points per day and our reach extends across the globe. Having experienced continuous growth since launch, we continue to invest in extending the breadth and scope of the outcomes our technology can deliver. We are currently working with partners across a range of mental and physical health conditions such as sleep, asthma, COPD, respiratory depression, and more. We are a small, diverse team dedicated to providing easy ways for people to improve their health. Our team includes leaders in hardware and software engineering, algorithms, marketing, healthcare, and operations from four different continents.
Want to learn more about Spire? Visit Spire's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.