Splash, Director Engineering
About the Company: We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the Role: Splash is looking for an engineering lead to join our growing team as a Director of Engineering. Previous experience as a strong individual contributor is a must, and ideally this person also has had success managing and developing teams of 8+ developers. We’re building out a world-class, enterprise-level B2B technology, and we’re excited to add a teammate who is ready to take the challenge head-on. Ultimately we see this opportunity with a 40% technology/ architecture focus, 60% leader / manager.
- You are a strong individual contributor - you’ve been a tech lead on at least 3 large projects in the past
Strong managerial experience:
- People love to work for you, and you have experience managing teams of at least 8-30 developers
- Hands-on work style - you’ve not only improved the product you’ve worked on, but also the individuals on your team
- Can speak to developing both strong, and under-performing team members
- Bonus: Experience launching and managing global development teams
- Knows how to attract and hire top talent - has been the hiring manager on at least 10 hires
- Has the ability to rapidly scale development teams
- Can walk through an efficient, organized and consistent recruitment process
- Partner with and build strong relationships across our Product and Client Success teams
- Bring engineering insights cross-departmentally to help Splash iterate on our product and product roadmap
- History of stable product launches
- Create a structure allowing customer feedback during product iteration
- You’ve built out systems at scale, and can balance the pressure to create client-facing features, with the need to have a solid foundational system
- 10+ years software experience, with 4-5 years directly in B2B software development
- 6+ years experience in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Python, Java, NodeJS, Ruby, etc.
- 3+ years with JS frameworks like React/Redux, Backbone.js, or Angular JS
- 3+ years mobile experience (2+ years of Swift) with multiple apps or one huge app in the App Store
- Experience with AWS and cloud application architecture
- Local to NYC
- Has experience working cross-departmentally between client facing teams, product teams, and engineering teams
- Strong written + verbal communication
- Has expertise in at least 2 of the following areas: Back-end Architecture, Front-end Architecture (react/redux a huge bonus), DevOps (bonus for multi-region database architecture, microservice architecture, serverless architecture), IOS/Android Development, Information Security, Data Science
Splash is an equal opportunity employer.
Splash's design-first, and analytics-focused platform powers events for the likes of Spotify, Anheuser-Busch, and a little old event series we call Uncubed. Think you've got the chops to be a party scientist? Check out their open positions.
Be a Better Splash Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Splash when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Splash? Visit Splash's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Technical Support Sr. Analyst
SonicWall, Tempe, AZ or Dallas, TX
Solutions Architect, ANZ South
Paytm Labs, Noida, Gurugram
VP of Engineering
Architizer, New York, NY
NLP Software Engineer- CORE Israel
Basis Technology, Cambridge, MA
Windows System Engineer
EnerNOC, US - Boston, MA