We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the Team and Position
Join our growing engineering team as we extend Splash into grand new markets. Our modular software and scalable cloud infrastructure allows us to be stable and flexible as we provide SaaS features to our free and paid clients. We deal in workflow, efficiency optimization, and bulk data manipulation. We are building out an API-driven service-oriented architecture using PHP, Go, Python and more.
- You have 3 or more years of experience with back-end development.
- You have experience with PHP or other fantastic languages such as Python (but are interested in working a bit with PHP - it’s our primary backend language for now!)
- You have worked with large codebases; some monolithic; some distributed - all of which have been in production and in-use by real clients and customers
- You're up to date with what's going on in the back-end world and are eager to grow your engineering skills.
- You're an awesome communicator, enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking. You also command a great sense of humor.
- Bonus: you're open to learn and play in the full stack and with languages/frameworks, as it would increase your autonomy.
Our Back-end infrastructure is built with PHP using the Symfony Framework. As a good product-oriented company, we have 2 monoliths, an old one that feels a bit like the wild, wild west, and a more modern one that is highly structured leveraging fascinating patterns and conventions. Our vision for the future is continuously evolving, with plans to introduce microservices into our infrastructure this year. Our roles not only involve understanding and contributing quality code to our existing architecture, but also being a key part of the initiatives that will lead us forward.
Our team is global. You'll work (virtually) alongside engineers in Madrid and Lagos, in addition to the team in New York. You’ll be responsible for assessing the complexity, design solutions for new features, implement, and iterate on your product. You'll have the opportunity to become the leader of your projects and other critical initiatives that are important to you and Splash.
The development and product teams are at Splash's core and contribute directly to the success of our team and company. We're proud to belong to a company where we continuously challenge each other to level up our skills and techniques - and we expect all our engineers to be inspired and evolve our conventions and tools.
- You’ll have the option to work from home when you need to
- We'll support your participation in meetups and dev conferences
- A vibrant, energetic and diverse office atmosphere
- Spontaneous and planned events & off-sites with your team and company
If you want to know more or you'd like to join this great project and meet our brilliant, ambitious and hilarious team, send us your resume.
Your time at Splash will be some of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding work you may ever do.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We can’t wait to meet you.
Splash's design-first, and analytics-focused platform powers events for the likes of Spotify, Anheuser-Busch, and a little old event series we call Uncubed. Think you've got the chops to be a party scientist? Check out their open positions.
Be a Better Splash Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Splash when you watch classes taught by their top employees.