We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the Role:
The Assistant Accounting Manager is the go-to person when the team has a question for guidance. You will be the accounting focused leader of the Finance Team, a growing group of 5 and highly visible within the business, that works on a daily basis with senior executive leadership. As the Assistant Accounting Manager, your mission will be to manage accounting policies and procedures that ensure a high level of efficiency, allowing our business to scale while following appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
- Supervision and mentoring of existing accountants
- Manage the monthly accounting close process to ensure accurate accounting records
- Serve as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization
- Pinpoint process and control improvement opportunities and implement changes
- Maintain, reconcile, monitor and improve the company's accounting and commission software tools (e.g. AP system, commission software, revenue recognition tool and ERP)
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations and identify expense accruals
- Uphold a solid understanding of accounting policies to ensure company’s accounting is compliant with US GAAP
- Work with CFO to provide reporting and analysis to external parties including banks, auditors, tax accountants, Board of Directors and investors
- Be the main point of contact for external auditors and tax accountants for annual financial statement audits and tax return filings
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance from a top university/college required; CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls; ASC 606 experience a plus
- Minimum 3+ years of accounting experience, preferably at high growth SaaS environments and/or Big 4 accounting environments
- Experience with and the desire to automate processes and reconciliations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to manage and complete projects
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Comfortable working in a fast growing start-up without the structure of large corporate entities
- Possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing people fostering a positive and ethical environment
- Team Player – strong willingness to support the team as we are a close-knit group
- Familiarity with ERP systems, Quickbooks, Xactly, SaaSOptics, Salesforce and/or other accounting and client management systems is a plus
- Experience with multi-ledger accounting and consolidations a plus
If you’re interested in joining our fun, ambitious, and hardworking team, please send your resume. Splash is an equal opportunity employer.
Splash's design-first, and analytics-focused platform powers events for the likes of Spotify, Anheuser-Busch, and a little old event series we call Uncubed. Think you've got the chops to be a party scientist? Check out their open positions.
Be a Better Splash Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Splash when you watch classes taught by their top employees.