About the Team and Position:
Splash is looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Sales and Business Development organization.
The Sales Development team is the first point of contact for our customers and responsible for generating lead volume and warm introductions to our Enterprise team. Ideal candidates are creative, passionate, and self-driven team players, eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Splash offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to sell and take your career to the next level!
Sales Development Representatives (BDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in Target Accounts for their regional Account Executives. The BDR manages the inbound lead activity in their territory, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunity in prospect accounts. The BDR will also coordinate with their AE counterparts to determine the accounts that require research and prospecting activities to secure a sufficient flow of additional qualified opportunities. An implicit responsibility of the SDR is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate AE, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with event marketing industry a plus.
- Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time and account management
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- The highest level of integrity
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
- 4-year College degree required
If you’re interested in joining our hysterical, brilliant, ambitious, incredible team, please send a cover letter and your resume. In your cover letter, make sure to specify which role you have your eye on. And keep it casual!
Your time at Splash will be the most important work you ever do. It will change the course of your career in an exciting and unreplicable way.
We can’t wait to meet you.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Splash's design-first, and analytics-focused platform powers events for the likes of Spotify, Anheuser-Busch, and a little old event series we call Uncubed. Think you've got the chops to be a party scientist? Check out their open positions.
Be a Better Splash Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Splash when you watch classes taught by their top employees.