Head of Finance and Business Administration
Splend, Mexico City
More than a car rental company, we provide the complete service.
- Establish, maintain, improve and evaluate financial administrative controls as per company policies.
- Review, monitor and maintain current business practices and transactions to ensure adherence to all company internal policies and procedures. Ensure the integrity of business processes to protect assets and interests.
- Manage accounting policies, procedures and controls, including sales, costing, assets, budget, credit and cash flow to enable timely and accurate monthly preparation of Profit and Loss, Balance sheet, Cash Flow Statement and other special management reports as required.
- Identify and coach senior management on any key financial issues in relation to budgeting, financial analysis and reporting.
- Review and improvement of General Ledger account structure to ensure that information is captured effectively and results in accurate financial reporting.
- Proactively anticipate financial needs of business partners and proactively develop financial solutions.
- Review and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Develop financial business cases and analysis for senior management decisions.
- Maintain the local asset register – provide advice to senior management.
- Provide detailed budget on a rolling 12 – 24-month basis and forecasting on a 2 -5 year basis.
- Develop and maintain appropriate cost models to support product pricing and provide volume/yield analysis.
- Review models quarterly and update with latest cost information – present views on cost down opportunities each quarter.
- Lead and develop the Finance Team.
- Complete 1-2-1’s and reviews with all direct reports.
- Performance management and appraisal in accordance with the Groups Performance Management Process.
- Partner with Head of Country and associated leadership teams in order to achieve the country’s financial and strategic objectives.
- Provide financial reporting and analysis to senior leadership members.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly cashflow forecasting.
- Implement and manage operational projects ensuring business outcomes are achieved.
- Reporting and management on vehicle profitability to ensure optimum levels are maintained.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable to be managed in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Establish internal control systems, preparation of finance statements and satisfy all local statutory and taxation requirements
- Manage local audit in accordance with global directions.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and accountants- ensure they are across the Splend way of finance management.
- Management and coordination of all local business related insurance policies in line with global guidelines.
- Timely preparation and lodgement of all insurance renewals.
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of the payroll function.
- Ensure all correct payments of pension and associated schemes.
- Ensure correct payment of any other employee related liabilities.
- Ensure correct management and recording of leave liabilities.
- Annual vehicle registration and rideshare licences maintained.
- Processes in respect of annual registration and rideshare licensing managed in accordance with company and regulatory guidelines and processes improved on a regular basis.
- All infringements in respect of tolls, parking fines, speeding or other driving or council offences are managed in accordance with each bodies rules and regulations.
- CA or CPA qualified.
- Sound experience in managing all financial aspects of a medium size business’s financials affairs.
- 5 years+ experience in a senior accounting role.
- High degree of problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Extensive experience in report preparation and use of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge and experience of the NetSuite accounting system (desired).
Splend is more than a car rental company for Uber drivers, we provide the complete service. Splend is Australia’s preferred supplier of rental vehicles for on-demand rideshare and delivery services such as Uber and UberEATS. It is our mission to ensure Splend Members become more profitable, safer and happier drivers. At Splend we don't just see that culture is something to be written about, we see it as something to be sung about. Our vision developed a culture of innovation, agility and transparency that focuses on outcomes not outputs. We hold ourselves accountable for the company culture and know that you can't buy it, you can't grow it, you can't develop it, you have to live it.
Want to learn more about Splend? Visit Splend's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Manager, Technical Accounting & Reporting
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Accountant Receivable Specialist
BarkBox, New York, NY
Inside Account Executive
Box, Austin, TX
Lincoln International, New York Office
Oracle Financial R2R Lead
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA