Spokeo is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you would have high visibility and opportunity to analyze and extract insights to help strategize and optimize business channels. You would perform in depth analysis, design tests and provide recommendation and insights base on thoughtful data-driven analysis. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on individual with strong analytical background and proven quantitative skills to help improve business process and initiatives. He/she should be comfortable working collaboratively and eager to be a strategic partner in analytics assignments.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Uncover complex issues, understand business challenges, design scientific analytical process, improve functional efficiency and assist in infrastructure definition, data strategy and analytics roadmaps
- Perform data analytics, statistical/mathematical modeling and prototype designs
- Data exploration, design of experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) and hypothesis validation to deliver meaningful insights and recommendations for better process and experience
- Engage in independent research and experimentation of new methodologies to discover new insights, improvements and/or problems. Deliver findings and interpretation of results to management team through data visualization, presentation, or training sessions
- Guide and educate analysts on best analytical practices during projects
- Not afraid of ambiguity and understand pragmatic vs. good to know. Willing to utilize analytics to tell the truth and propose improvements to the business.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics or Psychology
- 4+ years experience utilizing quantitative research and analytics to drive significant business impact with some experience in increasing customer satisfaction, engagement and/or improving marketing/product efficiency
- Solid understanding experimentation, predictive analytics and/or machine learning
- Good algorithmic thinking, strong interpersonal skills with business acumen and ability to translate business objectives to analytical framework and action items
- Comfortable training and dealing with wide range of audience
- Proficiency working with statistical tools (such as R, SAS), database query languages (SQL) and some scripting language (such as Python)
We Provide The Following Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Stock Options
We Provide The Following Perks:
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Wellness Classes
- Gym Reimbursement
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
What can you do with Spokeo? Research Whether you're looking up an unknown caller, looking to learn more about your date, or wanting to research a new neighborhood you are moving to, a quick search on Spokeo gives you access to billions of records in an instant. Reconnect Spokeo makes it easy to reunite with family, friends and love interests. Simply search a name, phone number, or other details and easily find the most recent information we have available. What Spokeo doesn't do Credit, Insurance or Employee Screening Spokeo does not have access to secure or private financial information. You may not use Spokeo for credit, tenant or insurance screening purposes. Utilizing Spokeo's platform for purposes of employee screening is strictly prohibited. Any Purpose Specified in the FCRA Spokeo is not a credit reporting agency and does not offer consumer reports. We work hard to ensure that all of the data on our site is within established guidelines.