Spokeo is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer (DevOps) to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer, who understands and embraces the DevOps philosophy, can work closely with dev teams in an agile workflow and is comfortable with cloud based infrastructure. If you're excited about building big data architectures and creating a PaaS then you should talk to us.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Effectively prioritize work and encourage best practices in others.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that automate systems engineer functions
- Analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for CI/CD workflows
- Design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop deployment strategies for existing and new services
- Experience with building reliable systems at scale
- Ability to write quality code to solve automation/glue problems in one or more of these languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or Go
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one configuration management system: Ansible, Chef, Puppet or CFEngine
- Familiar with a general SDLC workflow
- Must have expert-level knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (AWS, Google App Engineer, etc.)
- Understands a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Delivery model and is able to architect the workflow
- Experience with gathering metrics and making informed decisions about performance, etc
- Expert-level knowledge of one or more Linux distributions
- MySQL experience is a plus
- Experience with architecting big data platforms: Elastic Search, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Knows DevOps tools of the trade: Jenkins, Rundeck, Netflix OSS, etc.
- Experience in a microservice environment
- Team lead experience is a plus
We Provide The Following Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Stock Options
We Provide The Following Perks:
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Wellness Classes
- Gym Reimbursement
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
What can you do with Spokeo? Research Whether you're looking up an unknown caller, looking to learn more about your date, or wanting to research a new neighborhood you are moving to, a quick search on Spokeo gives you access to billions of records in an instant. Reconnect Spokeo makes it easy to reunite with family, friends and love interests. Simply search a name, phone number, or other details and easily find the most recent information we have available. What Spokeo doesn't do Credit, Insurance or Employee Screening Spokeo does not have access to secure or private financial information. You may not use Spokeo for credit, tenant or insurance screening purposes. Utilizing Spokeo's platform for purposes of employee screening is strictly prohibited. Any Purpose Specified in the FCRA Spokeo is not a credit reporting agency and does not offer consumer reports. We work hard to ensure that all of the data on our site is within established guidelines.
Want to learn more about Spokeo? Visit Spokeo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Canberra, Australia
SAP Key User HR (m/w)
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Junior DevOps Engineer
Dept, Rotterdam / Amsterdam
Getaround, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer (SDK)
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Twilio, San Francisco, CA