Lead Software Engineer - Backend
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Imagine being able to access 1,000s of brands from one location anywhere you go. And then pair this idea with beautiful design, curated content and amazing customer service. Well, this is Spring: we're taking the idea of a 24/7 marketplace and using this platform to enable brands and consumers to connect in new ways.
We're a mobile first company that cares about design, about delighting our customers (brands and consumers) and about building great products. Started in 2013, Spring has quickly become known as the place to shop... and we've seen this in our rising number of users and brand partners. We currently have over 100 employees and have big plans for growth.
Spring's engineering team is a key driver for our success: this is a team that moves fast, gets new products and features into the hands of end users and is constantly thinking about how to optimize existing processes. Spring engineers are full stack, meaning any single engineer can own an entire feature from the mobile components all the way down to the systems level. We have a varying degree of experience on the team: some engineers have more mobile and some have more server-side expertise, some are junior and some have 15+ years of experience. Together we have set a culture where junior engineers feel like they are learning, and senior engineers feel empowered to own and ship product and tech.
Our current stack is Go, PostgreSQL, AngularJS and iOS and we picked them thoughtfully because they are the right tools that will help us move fast and build high quality products.
What you will do:
- Work on small, project-centric teams to build and ship high quality features
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices. Our culture is one of enablement: even junior team members take an active role in these discussions
- Tackle hard problems like monitoring complex infrastructure, building search and recommendations, or working on our inhouse iOS framework
- Take ownership over vertical parts of our products, spanning from the consumer all the way to the backend
- Help make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience. Bonus points if you have worked on a product that serves more than a million users
- A degree in engineering, CS, Physics, Math - and a strong track record of interesting projects.
- The ability to learn. Go, our language of choice, is young and while we don't expect you to be proficient in it, you will have to pick it up
- Willingness to mentor, teach and help your fellow engineers. We believe that everyone can teach us something, regardless of seniority
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Frontend Engineer - Twitch Crates
Twitch, Seattle, WA
Pinterest, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Associate Engineer, Advanced Production Technology
HelloFresh, New York, NY | Newark, NJ | Dallas, TX
(JR0006185) Sr. Software Engineer COBOL SDE-II
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India