Lead Software Engineer - Web
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Imagine being able to access 1,000s of brands from one location anywhere you go. Then pair this idea with beautiful design, curated content and amazing customer service. Well, this is Spring: We are building the future of shopping, helping brands transition from brick and mortar to mobile and web. We have built and are scaling a single source marketplace for a growing list of great brands to sell their products direct to consumer.
Started in 2013, Spring has quickly become known as the place to shop, and we've seen this in our rising number of users and brand partners.
Spring's engineering team moves fast to get new products and features into the hands of end users and is constantly thinking about how to optimize existing processes.
What is engineering working on right now?
Spring is at an interesting point in its lifecycle: we’ve decided what we want to build, we have a product that works, we have users, we push out new features weekly, and we have a roadmap in place. We’re now at the stage where we have significant resources and time to focus on how to make our website more beautiful and usable. Web front end development changes fast (remember JQuery?) and we have to change our own development to keep pace.
What are we looking for?
If you love front end development, if you’re a perfectionist, if you love seeing what you build have an immediate impact and if you care about delighting end users, this role is for you.
As a Lead Engineer on our Web Team, you’ll be the person who keeps track of these new technologies, you’ll identify the correct schema for what we are trying to build, and you’ll be able to write the frameworks that help integrate new tech into our stack.
As a Lead Engineer on our Web Team, you will be expected to:
- Lead significant technical projects that have a broad impact on our business
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices
- Decide whether to build a technology in-house versus using an existing framework
- Make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks. Implement your solutions
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
- Mentor other engineers and serve as a tech guru for those who want to learn
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on products that serves more than a million users
- A deep understanding of the web and how a browser works
- A strong track record of delivering impactful projects and features
- You feel comfortable switching languages and can discuss the finer technical points and tradeoffs of angular vs react vs underscore
- The ability to learn quickly
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior DevOps Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Software Engineer: Backend (Growth)
Postmates, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Data Mining - NLP
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Machine Learning Scientist - Streaming Client
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
IT Network Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.