Senior Software Engineer - Web
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app, to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
Spring is a tech-first company. As such, our engineering organization provides the foundation on which our business is built. It leverages that platform to deliver great products to our suppliers and customers.
We deeply value constant learning and growth throughout our diverse group of engineers. We do this by creating small groups of engineers partnered with product and fully empowered to deliver on company objectives. We aim to pick the best technologies for the job and currently use a combination of Python, Go on the backend, Swift and React on the frontend. Current areas of focus include personalization and machine learning, scalable systems to support our growth, and a core data platform.
What are we looking for?
If you love front end development, if you’re a perfectionist, if you love seeing what you build have an immediate impact and if you care about delighting end users, this role is for you.
As a Senior Engineer on our Web Team, you will be expected to:
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices
- Help make decisions on whether to build a technology in-house versus using an existing framework
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
- Mentor other engineers and serve as a tech guru for those who want to learn
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- A deep understanding of the web and how a browser works
- A strong track record of delivering impactful projects and features
- You can discuss the finer technical points and tradeoffs of angular vs react vs underscore. Previous experience in react is a huge plus
- The ability to learn quickly
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior QA Engineer
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Elementum, Elementum HQ
System Reliability Engineer
The Sourcery, ThoughtSpot
Back End Software Engineer
Senior Software Developer
Senior Project Manager (w/m)