Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app, to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
Spring is a tech-first company. As such, our engineering organization provides the foundation on which our business is built. It leverages that platform to deliver great products to our suppliers and customers.
We deeply value constant learning and growth throughout our diverse group of engineers. We do this by creating small groups of engineers partnered with product and fully empowered to deliver on company objectives. We aim to pick the best technologies for the job and currently use a combination of Python, Go on the backend, Swift and React on the frontend. Current areas of focus include personalization and machine learning, scalable systems to support our growth, and a core data platform.
As a Software Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Take ownership over vertical parts of our products, spanning from the consumer all the way to the backend
- Make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks. Implement your solutions
- Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- At least one full time job post graduation where you have demonstrated a significant impact on a feature or product. *Hint: We'll want to learn more about this if you are interviewed
- Experience building web APIs. You should understand the difference between REST and SOAP
- Have delivered impactful projects and features in a team setting
- The ability to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit Spring's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer - Video Encoding
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior Electrical Engineer, Battery Systems
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Ruby Backend Developer (KL)
Piktochart, Kuala Lumpur
Team Leader Apps (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Senior Software Engineer / Backend
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Senior Lead Developer / Technical Architect
Kenzan, Providence, RI