Spring, Krakow, Poland
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Please note that this role is based out of Spring's Krakow office. We are not offering relocation for this role.
Imagine being able to access 1,000s of brands from one location anywhere you go. And then pair this idea with beautiful design, curated content, and amazing customer service. Well, this is Spring; we're taking the idea of a 24/7 marketplace and using this platform to enable brands and consumers to connect in new ways.
Spring began as a mobile first company in 2013, and we’ve quickly become known as the place to shop... and we've seen this in our rising number of users and brand partners. We currently have over 130 employees and have big plans for growth.
As a company, we care about design, about delighting our customers (brands and consumers) and about building great, scalable, and usable products. Spring's engineering team is a key driver for our success: this is a team that moves fast, gets new products and features into the hands of end users and is constantly thinking about how to optimize existing processes. Spring engineers are full stack, meaning any single engineer can own an entire feature from the front end components all the way down to the systems level. We have a varying degree of experience on the team: some engineers have more front end experience, some have more server-side expertise, some are junior, and some have 15+ years of experience. Together we have set a culture where junior engineers feel like they are learning, and senior engineers feel empowered to own and ship product and tech.
Our current stack is based on Python, Go, PostgreSQL, ReactJS and Objective-C. We picked these technologies thoughtfully because they are the right tools that will help us move fast and build high quality products.
The Krakow team’s main focus is creating and maintaining a sophisticated order management system, which has been recently rewritten from scratch to fully support our business model. It’s a mission-critical part of Spring’s infrastructure. Our employees cooperate closely with the engineers and product managers in NYC headquarters — both remotely and in person.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on small, project-centric teams to build and ship high quality features
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices. Our culture is one of enablement: even junior team members take an active role in these discussions
- Learn how to cooperate in a fast-paced environment to solve complex technical problems.
- Help make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- A degree in Engineering, CS, Physics, Math or work experience that indicates prior knowledge of core engineering principles
- Bonus points for professional software engineering experience.
- A strong willingness to learn. If there’s a reason to change a technology or language of choice, we just do it, and we expect our engineers to be able to pick it up.
- Willingness to mentor, teach and help your fellow engineers. We believe that everyone can teach us something, regardless of seniority.
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit Spring's website.
Jobs You May Like
Rubrik, Durham, North Carolina
Tech Lead, Web Infrastructure
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Inventory Performance
Culture Amp, Melbourne
Software Engineer, Envoy
Enigma, New York, NY
Senior Technical Project Manager, Enterprise Services
Intersection, New York