Director, UX Research
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Spring is on a mission to change the way people shop. With thousands of brands already on board, we’re in a unique position to connect consumers with brands they love and with ones they have yet to discover. Through curated editorial and personalized recommendations, our vision at Spring is to become your trusted shopping concierge that you can turn to daily for products you desire and ones you have yet to discover. As a marketplace we’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, we’re out to deliver a shopping experience that puts our customer first.
At Spring we are dedicated to crafting experiences, for our users. To do this, we need to better understand who our existing customers are alongside continuing the search for new users and opportunities. We are committed to become experts in the field of human shopping behavior. We want to know what drives people to shop, how they shop and what ultimately pushes them to purchase the products they do. By ensuring that research is always considered throughout the product process we will deliver on this promise.
Spring’s culture is driving us to understand why people would choose Spring as the shopping destination to purchase the things they want. As the first researcher at Spring it will be your job to meet a strong company-wide demand for in depth understanding of people’s shopping behavior and advocate the use of research throughout the product process. We’re looking for a leader who will shape the company’s vision through research, grow a dedicated research team of user researchers, define our process and conduct research themselves.. You will be a strong advocate for your discipline, partnering closely with design, product managers, marketing, and engineers to ensure research always plays a role in product development.
What you’ll do:
- Strategize the right research and help shape Spring’s vision
- Design a process to hire, mentor and grow a team of user researchers
- Assess and implement a set of research tools & processes (recruiting participants, moderating interviews).
- Design a dedicated user research lab to support onsite and remote user interviews.
- Become an expert in understanding our customers through a variety of research methods (Surveys, interviews, product experiments, data analysis, usability studies, it’s up to you!)
- Create insights and share actionable findings with designers, product managers, marketing, engineers and the greater organization.
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience in assessing and implementing research tools and processes.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience championing projects based on user research.
- Experience mentoring, leading a team of researchers.
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Freelance Senior Graphic / Digital Designer
Material World, Brooklyn
Senior UX Design Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Design Intern, The Foundry @ Time Inc.
Time Inc., New York, NY
Freelance Senior UX Designer
Carrot Creative, Carrot Brooklyn, NY
Project Manager, Design
Strava, Strava HQ