Director, FP & A
Spring, NYC - Headquarters
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Our vision at Spring is to become a personal, trusted shopping assistant that our customers can turn to daily for recommendations and inspiration. We’re not constrained by the challenges that traditional online retailers face so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first. We have thousands of brands on our platform and we’re in a unique position to connect consumers with brands they love and brands they have yet to discover.
The last three years have been focused on building out the supply and technology sides of our business. Supply was focused on building relationships with brands and helping brands understand the ROI of partnering with us. Our technology teams were focused on building multi-platform e-commerce products and features. Now we’re entering year four and have an exciting set of business, product, growth, and technology goals to achieve.
Until recently, we’ve been running with a small Finance and People Ops Team; looking ahead, we need to scale our processes and systems in order to support the increasing complexity of a growing business. As a result, we are looking for a strategic, analytical, and scrappy Director, FP & A who will join Spring’s Finance Team. This person will be responsible for building out key planning and analysis functions and act as a will be a strategic thought partner to management.
The Director will bring a new level of rigor and insight into Spring’s financial planning and will help make each department successful through thoughtful partnership around budgeting and resource allocation. This is a big role: you’ll be a team of one (at least in the short term) and will need to be comfortable wearing many hats, rolling up your sleeves, and juggling competing priorities.
What you will do:
- Build the company’s three statement consolidated operating model and long-range plan. Update and maintain these as the business grows and our environment changes
- Set KPIs and implement a reporting framework that allows all departments to track performance against targets. Create budgets and financial targets for each department
- Conduct monthly variance analyses and with Department Heads to address significant deviations from plan
- Drive our forecasting function and providing company leadership with analyses and projections to influence key decision-making. This will likely include ad hoc projects on strategic initiatives such as pricing, margin expansion, LTV, CAC
- Work cross-functionally to understand and track core business drivers and outline the resourcing that is necessary to achieve our strategic goals.
- Create and adapt our strategic planning processes; facilitate decisions relating to capital allocation and future capital needs
- Run the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecast processes. Prepare cash flow forecasts with a strong focus on inventory/working capital needs and capital expenditures
- Perform high level scenario analyses around strategic initiatives to inform decision making. Present this information to management and our board, as needed
- Work with People Ops to implement processes for managing and forecasting headcount planning and comp/ben
What you need to have:
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, bonus points if you have spent time in a marketplace or ecommerce company
- Experience in a startup, preferably one that has gone through a funding round
- Strong analytical mind paired expert financial modeling skills. While you might not be responsible for building every single Excel spreadsheet, you’ll be the SME on all things related to modeling
- Self-starter with a proven success in startup or similar fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills. At Spring, a given week could have you presenting at All Hands, speaking to our board, and fielding questions from our Concierge Team. You should be comfortable in all situations
- Understand how to balance the importance of short term and long term goals, as well as prioritize initiatives
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and the metrics and KPIs by which we measure our business
- Prior experience managing and mentoring a team is a nice to have. While this role won’t manage a team from day one, there is potential to grow the team as determined by company needs
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Clearance Coordinator, Content & Brand Intellectual Property
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Accounts Payable Specialist
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Quartzy, Quartzy HQ
Production Finance Senior Executive
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA
Payroll and Accounts Assistant