Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app, to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
The Product team at Spring is made up of Product Managers, Designers, and Researchers who put the needs of our customers first. They are problem-solvers who together own the full product lifecycle, from research and experimentation, to launch and data-informed iteration cycles. They are experts at collaborating with stakeholders across the business to deliver meaningful features to our users.
Design at Spring goes beyond the digital product. We’re focused on engendering repeat, loyal users, by tackling challenges that encompass the entire end-to-end shopping experience: from the moment you open the Spring app to the minute your order lands at your doorstep and beyond.
We are looking for a Product Designer with an appetite to solve challenges that span beyond the digital space. This is a hands-on role, where you’ll discover customer needs through research and data and lead the design of new products and features. You are the voice of our customers and it will be up to you to guide the product team to ensure we’re always meeting our customer’s expectations and desires.
What you’ll do
- Be the voice of the customer. Collaborate with engineering to ensure we’re shipping quality experiences that fulfill the personal concierge promise.
- Be a design leader. Define problems and goals, conduct user research, come up with customer profiles, create user journeys, produce lo-hi fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Collaborate across teams. Consider the product needs of editorial, marketing, and customer experience.
- Provide feedback and mentorship. As the team grows you’ll be expected to give thoughtful critique on work to fellow designers and provide mentorship where needed.
- Inspire the team. Influence the company culture to understand why design is important and why the details matter.
- Shipped products or features where you’ve managed the design process, collaborated across teams, defined tasks and delivered an exceptional user experience that you’re proud of.
- Lead a small team of designers or operated independently as the sole design lead on a product team.
- Excellent communication skills, as you’ll be expected to plan and lead discussions with product managers, engineers and other teams within Spring.
- An expert in your craft. Beyond strong b\product tools like Sketch, InVision, Framer, etc.
- Cross-platform design experience (native & web).
- An understanding of technical constraints across platforms.
- A passion for designing and using digital products. Got a favorite app, we want to hear about it
- Conducted research, synthesized findings and executed on the feedback. We don’t have a dedicated research team (yet!), so there’s an opportunity to drive our research processes.
- An understanding that tone and voice is important, if you’ve had experience working on product copy, we’d love to hear about it.
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit Spring's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Support Products
Airbnb, Seattle, Washington
Head of Product Design
Newsela, New York NY
Web / Digital Designer
Datto, Portland, OR
Product Marketing Manager
Software Validation Engineer - Vehicle Test and Validation
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA