Senior iOS Engineer
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Imagine being able to access 1,000s of brands from one location anywhere you go. Then pair this idea with beautiful design, curated content and amazing customer service. Well, this is Spring: We are building the future of shopping, helping brands transition from brick & mortar to mobile & web. We have built and are scaling a single source marketplace for a growing list of great brands to sell their products direct to consumer.
We're a company that cares about design, about delighting our customers (brands and consumers), and about building great products. Started in 2013, Spring has quickly become known as the place to shop... and we've seen this in our rising number of users and brand partners. We currently have over 100 employees and have big plans for growth.
Spring is a mobile first company; as a result, we've thought carefully about how we've built our iOS app, how it's designed, and the features that we've added to it over time. Engineering is a team that moves fast and is constantly thinking about how to optimize our existing products and processes.
Our iOS application is native and built using Objective-C. We chose Objective-C because it is a safe and stable technology and supported the first iterations of our app.
Mobile Engineers at Spring:
- Work on small, project-centric teams to build and ship high quality features
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices. Our culture is one of enablement: even junior team members take an active role in these discussions
- Tackle hard problems like monitoring complex infrastructure, building search and recommendations, or working on our inhouse iOS framework
- Take ownership over vertical parts of our mobile product
- Help make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience. Bonus points if you have worked on a native application that serves more than a million users
- Degree in engineering is preferred
- A strong track record of interesting projects.
- You've worked with Objective-C in the past
- The ability to learn quickly
- Willingness to mentor, teach and help your fellow engineers. We believe that everyone can teach us something, regardless of seniority
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.