Senior iOS Engineer
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app, to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
Spring is a tech-first company. As such, our engineering organization provides the foundation on which our business is built. It leverages that platform to deliver great products to our suppliers and customers.
We deeply value constant learning and growth throughout our diverse group of engineers. We do this by creating small groups of engineers partnered with product and fully empowered to deliver on company objectives. We aim to pick the best technologies for the job and currently use a combination of Python, Go on the backend, Swift and React on the frontend. Current areas of focus include personalization and machine learning, scalable systems to support our growth, and a core data platform.
Spring is a mobile first company; as a result, we've thought carefully about how we've built our iOS app, how it's designed, and the features that we've added to it over time. Engineering is a team that moves fast and is constantly thinking about how to optimize our existing products and processes.
Mobile Engineers at Spring:
- Work on small, project-centric teams to build and ship high quality features
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices. Our culture is one of enablement: even junior team members take an active role in these discussions
- Tackle hard problems like monitoring complex infrastructure, building search and recommendations, or working on our inhouse iOS framework
- Take ownership over vertical parts of our mobile product
- Help make informed educated decisions about using APIs, tools and frameworks
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience. Bonus points if you have worked on a native application that serves more than a million users
- Degree in engineering is preferred
- A strong track record of interesting projects.
- You've worked with Objective-C and Swift in the past
- The ability to learn quickly
- Willingness to mentor, teach and help your fellow engineers. We believe that everyone can teach us something, regardless of seniority
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Front End Software Engineer
Engineering Manager - Enterprise Identity, Security and Compliance
Slack, San Francisco
Staff Engineer, Infotainment Systems
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Customer Care Representative
Workfront, Lehi, Utah
Java (CMS) Developer
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA