Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Imagine being able to access 1,000s of brands from one location anywhere you go. Then pair this idea with beautiful design, curated content and amazing customer service. Well, this is Spring: We are building the future of shopping, helping brands transition from brick and mortar to mobile and web. We have built and are scaling a single source marketplace for a growing list of great brands to sell their products direct to consumer.
Started in 2013, Spring has quickly become known as the place to shop, and we've seen this in our rising number of users and brand partners.
Spring's engineering team moves fast to get new products and features into the hands of end users and is constantly thinking about how to optimize existing processes.
What is engineering working on right now?
Spring is at an interesting point in its lifecycle: we’ve decided what we want to build, we have a product that works, we have users, we push out new features weekly, and we have a roadmap in place. We’re now at the stage where we have significant resources and time to focus on how to make our website more beautiful and usable. Web front end development changes fast (remember jQuery?) and we have to change our own development to keep pace.
What are we looking for?
A successful candidate will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the varied technology interfaces underlying brands’ e-commerce websites. You will work on our Platform Integrations Team which develops the supply-side of our industry-leading marketplace. This role is a great fit for creative, solutions-oriented engineers who wish to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
As a Front End Engineer on our Platform Integrations Team, you will be expected to:
- Have a tangible impact on the efficiency of training our systems on brand sites
- Help establish process and tech solutions for automated order placement
- In partnership with Spring’s Application Support team, quickly resolve production issues
- Work cross-functionally to ensure high quality brand and Spring user experiences with brands’ full catalogs
- Identify opportunities for process and product improvements to reduce issues, streamline onboarding, and ease application support
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our engineering practices
- Have ownership over what you build. Be responsible and accountable for the success of your features
What you need to have:
- Excellent command of web and CS fundamentals: HTTP, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery or similar frameworks & libraries
- An orientation toward testing hypotheses and validating assumptions
- A passion for and proven success in analyzing/debugging complex code problems and identifying elegant solutions to technology issues
- Attention to detail and a natural ability to recognize patterns
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to convey information clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.