Director, Product Management
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Spring wants to change the way people shop and the way brands interact with customers. The company was founded in 2013 with the vision to build a digital alternative to traditional brick and mortar retailers: we’re the store that never closes, is available wherever you are in the world, and has impeccable customer service from when you first open the app, to when your purchase arrives at your front door. We’re not constrained by challenges that traditional online retailers face, so we’re delivering a shopping experience that puts our customers first.
The Product team at Spring is made up of Product Managers, Designers, and Researchers who put the needs of our customers first. They are problem-solvers who together own the full product lifecycle, from research and experimentation, to launch and data-informed iteration cycles. They are experts at collaborating with stakeholders across the business to deliver meaningful features to our users.
We're looking for PM Directors to head up user and business oriented Product Groups. This role will report to our CPO and will focus on developing and executing a data-informed and high velocity roadmap to realize both short term objectives and a long term, transformative vision. Like all roles at Spring, this is a hands on, player/coach opportunity.
The Director will coach and provide guidance to an existing team of PMs, partner with Engineering and UX counterparts to lead the product lifecycle, build strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and business owners and produce artifacts such as feature briefs, product requirement documents, internal white papers, and presentations.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of consumer commerce.
As a Director, PM you will:
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to your team with a goal towards independence and empowerment. Practice active accountability for the performance of your products and team
- Advocate for Spring’s product principles and educate cross functional teams in how those principles translate into practice
- Cultivate a product culture that grows attached to user problems rather than specific solutions. Identify blockers and coach your team to positive resolutions
- Work cross-functionally to build consensus around well reasoned and evidence-based product decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and advocate for their needs
- Understand organizational information needs and communicate effectively with various constituent groups
- Measure the performance of your team and yourself based on your ability to meet product and company objectives
- Actively participate in maintaining and creating a high bar in our product practices. Our culture is one of enablement: encourage your team to take ownership and provide the guidance for them to succeed
- Apply scientific rigor to prioritization and clearly communicate the tradeoffs involved in difficult product decisions
- Lead by example: iterate, optimize, and learn from mistakes; nurture a culture of transparency, listening, learning feedback, empowerment, scientific objectivity, and humility
What you need to have:
- Demonstrable experience shipping high impact products across a variety of industry categories
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable analytical, reasoning, problem solving and cognitive skills
- Proven aptitude for identifying and meeting latent or unrealized user needs
- Experience creating and executing complex, multi platform product strategies
- Passion for consumer technology
- Demonstrable knowledge of leading edge advancements in machine/deep learning, native mobile and web technologies
- Insatiable curiosity and an appetite for constant learning
- Ability to analyze complex data and identify actionable insights
- Natural agility and comfort with fast-paced, demanding and high growth tech environments
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Data Analyst
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Senior Product Designer
XO Group, New York, NY
Associate SOC Analyst
Rapid7, Dublin, Ireland
Product Manager/Senior Product Manager (Home)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Performance & Optimization (UK)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom