Manager, Public Relations - Consumer
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Spring is the top app to shop and discover the best brands.
Imagine being able to access over 1,500 of brands from one location anywhere you go. And then pair this idea with beautiful design, curated content, and amazing customer service.
Well, this is Spring: we're taking the idea of a 24/7 marketplace and using this platform to enable brands and consumers to connect in new ways. Spring has quickly become known as the place to shop. We've seen this in our rising number of users and brand partners and much of our success has been driven by partnerships with brands like Alexander Wang, Club Monaco, Stella McCartney, ALDO, Tory Burch, West Elm, and Charlotte Tilbury. We currently have about 150 employees and over 1,600 brands in our catalog. We’re growing the Marketing Team and looking for a PR Manager to join.
Spring’s PR function works closely with marketing, operations, and editorial teams to increase awareness for our own brand as well as the brands we support. In order to do this, the PR team works to garner top tier press coverage, deliver captivating stories, and drive media engagement to Spring. Within the past year we’ve participated in exclusive brand launch events, hosted press previews showcasing our brands’ holiday shops, and have been featured by Apple and Facebook on some of our latest technology. Our team is small and as a PR Manager, you’ll be a ‘wearer of many hats’ while reporting to our Head of PR to complete many of our upcoming initiatives, including large scale consumer & media activations.
What you will do:
- Deliver impactful media relations campaigns through robust proactive outreach and procurement of brand-building press
- Help ideate and craft compelling storytelling angles around the brand through seasonal features, data-driven stories, brand partnerships, etc.
- Support overall press strategy through hearty media relations, event management, cross-departmental
- Assist in creation of all press materials; Maintain media database, editorial calendar, competitive analysis
- Leverage existing contacts and maintain close relationships with editorial influencers to enhance Spring’s profile in the market
- Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly quantitative and qualitative reporting, adhering to predetermined goal setting
PR touches a lot of different teams in the organization (Brand Partnerships and Marketing to name two) and you’ll be responsible for making sure these teams are aligned, that they know who is working on what, and they’re aware of everything that PR has on the docket. You’ll need to be an excellent communicator, project manager and, maybe even a MacGyver should the project call for it.
What you need to have:
- About 4 -6 years of work experience in PR/Media Relations within the fashion or beauty industry
- Agency experience is preferred
- Established relationships with target media contacts across genres of consumer press including print, digital, broadcast as well as influencers
- Track record of multi-tasking in high-stress environments
- Strong organizational skills
- High sense of urgency
- Prior experience assisting & managing events
- Familiarity with Cision or other PR software
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Inspired by the season and the street, Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them.
Want to learn more about Spring? Visit https://www.shopspring.com/
Jobs You May Like
Junior Local Market Rep
Weedmaps, East Lansing, Michigan, United States
GitHub, United States
Brand Creative Director (can be based in LA or SF)
ModCloth, San Francisco, CA
Marketing Program Manager, Lyft Amp (Contract)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Business Systems Analyst - Marketing
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Email Marketing Manager
rag & bone, NY - Headquarters