Senior Front-End Web Developer
Springer Nature, New York, NY
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
We are looking for an experienced SeniorFront-End Web Developer to build, maintain, and expand digital products for Scientific American.
This role reports into the Development Team Lead and is responsible for front-end concerns, focusing on design-related changes and client-side functionality, implementing best practices from a content rendering and delivery perspective.
The ideal candidate will have experience in coding large-scale, responsive web sites with an aim towards performance and progressive enhancement. We value accessibility, graded browser support, maintainability, and open source.
Responsibilities will include working across the product and development teams to deliver clean and tested markup, styling, and functionality. The SeniorFront-End Web Developer will work with the Product Managers and UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Provide and support technical leadership within the team.
- Produce valid and accessible CSS and HTML templates using Sass and DustJS.
- Help the team define and adhere to standard best practices.
- Turn project mock-ups and designs into functioning templates.
- Work with Product and Project Managers to define project timelines and deliverables.
- Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting front-end bugs, and improving performance.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Manage analytics tagging and additional 3rd party scripting libraries such as Krux, Google DFP, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely, etc.
- Additional duties as needed.
Experience, education, skills and qualifications required:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- At least 4-5 years of related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of responsive web-design and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of the principles of progressive enhancement.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and Sass.
- Knowledge of image authoring tools.
- Experience with Mura CMS or ColdFusion is a huge plus.
About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. Working at the heart of a changing industry we are always looking for great people who care about delivering quality to our customers and the communities we work alongside.
In return you will find Springer Nature is a great place to learn from some of the best in the business, with a culture that empowers people to find solutions and act on their instincts.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career or are an experienced professional, we invite you to find out more about the roles we offer and explore our current vacancies.
Want to learn more about Springer Nature? Visit Springer Nature's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.