Head of Compensation, Foundational
Square, San Francisco CA, US
Square works for every business.
As the Foundational Compensation Lead, you will support Block's rapidly growing Foundational teams and partner with HR, Talent Acquisition, Finance, and other groups to ensure our compensation programs are operating effectively. You will lead a team and work at strategic levels to develop and execute creative solutions, ensuring that compensation is aligned with talent, and is competitive yet simple.
- Plan and communicate compensation structures and programs to recruiters, HR partners, and business leaders to answer questions and evaluate job levels and other general comp inquiries.
- Partner with leaders across the company to improve upon Block's existing compensation strategy.
- Manage Compensation Committee meeting agendas and calendars by take the lead on developing materials and collaborating with partners across business lines.
- Develop compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyze compensation outcomes.
- Implement processes to scale compensation programs across the organization.
- Work with compensation team members on the compensation benchmarking and market research process; evaluate and perform analysis on pay market positioning, salary structures, and pay mixes to ensure market competitiveness.
- Participate in the development, management, and execution of compensation programs such as annual reviews and promotions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in Finance and Legal to set budgets, track and ensure compliance.
- Develop compensation materials and training to illustrate and communicate compensation-related information to Block's leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- 8+ years experience in compensation, compensation consulting, or related fields.
- 2+ years experience leading compensation teams.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex models in a simple and clear manner.
- Experience leading presentations to executive teams and company-wide audiences
- Experience in one of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay.
- Experience building compensation systems, managing projects, and scaling processes with company growth.
- Analytical and Excel/Google Sheets skills in order to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable models, reports, and metrics; ability to see beyond the numbers to guide decision-making.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.