Operations Analyst, Data Enrichment
Square, San Francisco CA, US
Square works for every business.
Square’s Go-To-Market Automation organization builds intelligent and scalable solutions that empower various GTM channels like Scalable Marketing, Sales, and Account Management to drive seller acquisition, growth and retention. As an Operations Analyst on the Data Enrichment team within Go-To-Market Automation, you will work cross-functionally to build a cohesive data integration and enrichment program that will improve the Global Sales organization’s understanding of prospective and existing Square sellers. High quality data is the foundation of sophisticated data science and modeling and your work will directly unlock new opportunities for our data science and machine learning partner teams who deliver tailored prospect data to the Sales team. By improving the data pipelines that feed our decision-making processes, we can reach the right sellers at the right time and provide them with the exceptional service they need to grow their business.
You will act as the liaison between internal stakeholders, partner technical teams and external data vendors to design a high quality, cost effective external data strategy that is tailored to the maturity and needs of each market our Sales team operates in. You will analyze the current state of our data to identify inefficiencies in our current data acquisition strategy and streamline future vendor contracts. Your work will have a direct business impact on hundreds of sales stakeholders, boost sales effectiveness, and help shape the acquisition strategy at Square.
- Develop a deep understanding of how our internal data systems interact with each other and how current and prospective external datasets fit into this ecosystem
- Determine external data requirements for each regional market and manage engagement with data vendors for new and existing contracts
- Identify gaps, overlaps and potential new use cases in our existing vendor contracts across different teams within GTM Automation
- Monitor the performance, utilization and costs of these external data sources in our analytics and modeling pipelines
- Consult with strategic stakeholders to understand data needs and gather requirements, compare external vendors, facilitate decision making, and manage procurement processes
- Work in close partnership with Sales Data Engineering to support external data integration efforts by helping to develop, plan, and track data infrastructure milestones
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, banking, business operations, consulting, or finance
- Proficiency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (we use SQL and Looker)
- Experience working across multiple teams, technical and non-technical, to build and deliver tooling and programs with technical knowledge of the underlying platforms and technologies
- Experience managing external vendors and integrating new tools with internal systems
- Excellent communication skills with strong business intuition and ability to quickly adapt to shifting business priorities or strategies
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM a plus
- Experience working with external data providers a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one