Site Reliability Engineer
Square, New York NY, US
Square works for every business.
TIDAL keeps growing at an exceptional pace, and we're looking for more experienced people to join us. You'll be part of a central team working in a quick-paced and quality-conscious environment, with a primary focus on implementing, advocating, sharing knowledge and teaching DevOps best practices. You will also help architect new services for scale and security, and recommend improvements to existing services.
As an SRE at TIDAL, you'll:
- Help teams with our sizable AWS infrastructure
- R&D new technologies & processes to improve our platform (Service Discovery, Infrastructure-as-Code, Canary Deployments)
- Implement Terraform modules and providers as part of our delivery framework
- Improve our build and deployment pipelines
- Manage our dev-internal tools including ELK, Spinnaker, Jenkins.
- Improve our Observability strategy
- Work on our security layer (WAF, Secrets, Threat Detection/Prevention)
- Report to our Operations Manager.
- 6+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or related positions.
- Experience with Docker, cloud providers and CDNs
- Experience with performance and security practices for a web-based environment
- Helped solve outages or performance issues in a large distributed environment
- Operational experience with Linux and PostgreSQL
- A software engineering background or proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Java, Python or Go
- Are fluent in English, our working language (Nordic language skills are not required)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Senior, Software Engineer, Graphics System
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL; Culver City, CA; Sunnyvale, CA; Austin, T...