Software Engineer (Frontend), Square for Retail
Square, Atlanta GA, US
Square works for every business.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer within the Retail Growth team, you will be the driver for Retail’s growth over the next year and beyond. Our team consists of Android, iOS, Frontend, and Server engineers allowing us to design, build, and ship features across our Point of Sale clients. We are responsible for expanding internationally to support new markets, expanding and building out our onboarding flows, and building new features to ensure we support as many types of businesses as possible, in addition to scaling the product from small sellers to larger Retailers. You'll work cross functionally with Product and Design to build features that present elegant UI for complex problems, saving sellers time and reducing anxiety as they strive to succeed in today’s pandemic-accelerated shift to omni-channel selling.
- Build, test, and ship end-to-end features in a large microservice architecture and sophisticated web applications.
- Work across platforms to power remarkable frontend experiences with robust backend services and APIs.
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers.
- Embed with partner teams to extend Square's platform for the benefit of retail sellers.
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence.
- Empower our sellers with the tools they need to compete with the biggest retailers.
- Write concise, well-crafted code and tests.
- 5+ years of full-stack or frontend web development experience, including web applications, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior software engineers to deliver solutions while fostering growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Openness to continuing to grow your breadth and depth.
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and product quality.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.