Global Head of Product Marketing, Square Banking
Square, San Francisco CA, US
Square works for every business.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic leader to lead the Marketing team for the Banking organization. This product marketing leadership role has global responsibility over a large portfolio of banking products, reporting directly to the GM of the Banking organization. You will be a critical member of the Banking leadership team to shape the global marketing strategy for Square's Banking products. The Banking marketing team is responsible for driving business growth by informing product strategy, defining marketing and full-funnel growth strategies, and collaborating with multiple partner teams to ensure the right customers are getting the right messages, through the right channels at the right time. As the Global Head of Marketing, you'll set a clear vision for the team, playing a critical role in driving portfolio strategies that delight our customers and building and developing the team to accomplish our business goals.
You will be responsible for building a strategic vision, setting the agenda and ensuring strength of our plans to deliver both short-term and long-term results. You and your team will partner with our Banking Creative team to deliver go-to-market plans tailored to our specific audience segments and lifecycle stages. You will oversee the measurement, analysis, and optimization of campaign performance and bring new and innovative GTM tactics into our work across Square's entire Banking ecosystem. Banking is a new capability for Square, so you will also help develop our brand marketing strategy in collaboration with Square's Brand Marketing team.
- Oversee the global growth of the Banking portfolio of products, with responsibility for delivering on business metrics and revenue growth across each product and market.
- Define the portfolio growth and positioning strategy, and develop frameworks to guide the strategic positioning for each product in the portfolio.
- Bring a full-funnel lifecycle marketing perspective to our approach across Banking from ToF awareness through ongoing retention, for the Banking suite as a whole and individual products.
- Advocate for an understanding of our customer through research and discovery work, translating their needs to inform and influence our product roadmaps
- Manage and develop a growing Marketing team of 15, made up of managers, IC marketers, and analysts in US, Canada, Australia, and the UK, to execute on a strategy to drive demand and growth for our portfolio of products
- Oversee the team's development of annual and quarterly plans that drive growth across the customer lifecycle, and ensure tactics are high-impact, high-quality and generate meaningful results or learning
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, data science, design, and creative, and other channel marketing managers to unify our narrative, amplify our strategy, and build more collaborative and efficient work processes.
- Work with the creative team to define briefs and act as a key stakeholder in reviewing creative concepts and assets to meet the marketing objectives to evolve the Banking brand positioning and design systems
- Oversee marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment
- Ensure unified messaging, consistent branding, and collaboration across all marketing and communication strategies
- 15+ years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on Product Marketing, but inclusive of brand, content, and social marketing
- 8+ years of experience managing PMM teams, with an ability to inspire, lead a team and develop people across large, geographically distributed teams
- Portfolio experience overseeing Marketing for a collection of related products, including responsibility for delivering on business metrics and revenue growth.
- International market experience - a track record of leading product growth in one or more international markets
- Extensive experience across methods of customer research development, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience building a brand and product's awareness and consideration with an exciting portfolio of past campaigns, content, and creative projects
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Technology Development Program - Cloud Advisory Analyst - Mont...
Accenture, Quebec - Montreal, Canada