Senior Art Director, Square for restaurants
Square, Chicago IL, US
Square works for every business.
Square is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Art Director to join our product marketing team. You will work with multiple partners across design, copywriting, production and product marketing to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
This is a hands-on creative role with tremendous opportunity to influence one of our most important products, Square for Restaurants. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You will lead projects from concept, wireframing and mood-boards through hands-on iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You will be a part of a versatile team of creatives dedicated to bringing the Square brand and products to market in inspiring ways. We do this through research, strategy, ideation, experimentation and execution on all touchpoints of the marketing funnel, including campaigns, photoshoots, print, digital ads, social media, performance marketing, product tutorials, online and offline collateral and much more. We work closely with product and marketing teams and have a collective passion toward food, hospitality, community and economic empowerment.
- Envision, direct and design concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Create moodboards and wireframes to support multiple projects and teams
- Partner with key stakeholders to lead the internal creative process and promote accountability for creative delivery
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Use customer and industry data to inspire and validate creative concepts
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, writers, product marketers and channel partners
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution
- Work with partners across Square to maintain an integrated brand experience
- Play a participatory and influential role in driving the Square design community forward
- 8+ years of relevant experience, 3+ in senior role
- A portfolio that shows experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Have led and art directed photography and video shoots
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to define and build brands
- Advanced design skills that cover multiple creative projects
- Experience with the formal elements of design including color, typography, and layout
- Fluency in Figma and Photoshop
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web design with accessibility as a major objective
- Experience partnering with teams of designers, copywriters, program managers and product marketers
- A passion for storytelling and food culture
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio along with the name of your favorite local restaurant.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Help the world share their story