Senior UX Researcher, Payroll
Square, New York NY, US
Square works for every business.
The Square Payroll team mission is to build the next generation of payroll solutions that empower sellers and their teams to succeed together. Now more than ever, as the economy reopens and employers want to rehire, they need to search for ways that they can support and provide value for their staff and for their business. We are looking for a passionate UX Researcher who is excited to create meaningful change for small- and medium-sized business owners and their employees.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you'll lead research that influences strategic decisions that alleviate our seller’s biggest pain points.. We know we can only build remarkable products if we have empathy for our customers’ lives first and that’s where you come in. You’ll help connect Square with the sellers we serve – learning from their unique stories and challenges as a small business owner. You’ll be embedded into a collaborative team of product managers, product designers, data analysts, and product marketers as the voice of our sellers. You’ll guide and inspire the team by delivering research that uncovers meaningful insights. You’ll report into the head of design and be a part of a community of researchers across Square where you can grow in your craft.
- Help our team identify opportunities to better serve our sellers, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Lead the design and implementation of research projects. Plan and execute a research roadmap.
- Employ research methods to obtain insights about our user’s behaviors and attitudes, and develop recommendations in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Advocate for the customer perspective within the Payroll team.
- Focus on improving the product and user experience in an iterative and collaborative environment.
- Work with team members to identify research needs, help the team frame research goals and ask the right questions.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to facilitate self-serve UX research.
This is a remote friendly position.
- 8+ years of experience conducting UX research in a professional environment
- Experience designing and leading generative and evaluative research using a range of techniques (e.g. remote and in-person interviews, usability testing, concept testing, workshops, journey mapping, surveys).
- A willingness to get hands-on and personally recruit participants.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
Tech Jobs For You
Technical Services Engineer, Realm Mobile (Tues - Sat shift)
MongoDB, Dublin or Poland, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy