Senior Platform Data Engineer
Square, Atlanta Georgia, US
Square works for every business.
As a platform data engineer on the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for working on a variety of data projects. This includes orchestrating data pipelines, developing and maintaining the cloud data platform vital to the continued growth of Block. You will also collaborate with many teams across Block to understand data needs and surface those data on the data platform, monitor and maintain its quality and governance, and have an impact on the data ecosystem within Block.
- Create robust and automated pipelines to ingest and process data from source systems into cloud data analytical warehouse using batch and streaming mechanisms leveraging cloud native toolset
- Interact closely with business users, data producers, various infrastructure and operations teams to build, enhance and maintain our data platform and infrastructure
- Help build, modernize, and maintain services and tooling to ensure resiliency and quality, resolve data discrepancies, and enhance the customer experience
- Be responsible for engineering/supporting data structures, access control, governance and SOX compliance on Snowflake data warehouse
- Be self-driven in identifying gaps and root causes, designing and implementing solutions to stabilize and scale data solutions.
- Monitor daily execution, diagnose and log issues, and fix pipelines to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- Provide leadership and guidance for data engineering design across multiple initiatives and functional areas
- Mentor other engineers and help them grow; participating in code reviews, providing guidance on best practices, and leveraging your experience in the field
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience in data, infrastructure and platform engineering; OR 9+ years of experience in data, infrastructure and platform engineering
- Experience modeling, designing and administering modern data infrastructures, data lake, and cloud data warehouse
- Experience orchestrating data pipelines and designing scalable data models
- Proficient in Python, Ruby programming, and SQL
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Experience with cloud environments, such as AWS and GCP
- Experience with container deployment platforms and tools, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, and Terraform
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Want to learn more about Square? Visit Square's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.