The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Staff Accountant to join our growing team. This role will primarily focus on revenue accounting. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing efficiency through the use of technology, shortening the accounting close cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
We expect the Staff Accountant to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong accounting foundation, related revenue accounting experience, and the desire to learn and develop their skills. This role reports into the Accounting Manager in our New York headquarters.
- Execution of monthly revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform revenue, deferred revenue, journal entries, accounts reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine revenue accounting processes and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s monthly and quarterly reporting requirements, along with the accumulation of support for the Company’s annual audit.
- Assist in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company.
- Assist with the design and continuous monitoring of the Company’s revenue recognition systems, including the transition to new revenue recognition guidance
- Work closely with Data Engineering on design and delivery of revenue system solutions.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in general accounting functions, including revenue accounting and the monthly close process
- Experience accounting for SaaS (software as a service) type revenue a benefit
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger system a huge plus
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like
Commercial - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA
Senior Financial Analyst
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Energy Access Extern
Omidyar Network, Redwood City, CA
Senior Staff Accountant
Kraken Exchange, San Francisco
Engineering Manager - Data
Cloudflare, London, UK