Senior Software Engineer in Test - Tock
Squarespace, Remote, United States
Help the world share their story
The Tock engineering team is looking for a senior Software Engineer in Test (SET) to help us build the next generation of restaurant bookings based on the system we've deployed everywhere from local dive bars to Alinea, The French Laundry, and Eleven Madison Park. Our engineering team was founded in 2015 by ex-Google engineers and combines FAANG team quality with the speed and personal impact of a startup. As Tock's first dedicated SET, you will work directly with both developers and QA analysts to build the next generation of our testing infrastructure and design the patterns that the engineering team will use to ensure the ongoing health of our codebase.
This is an opportunity for you to challenging problems while having a big impact on the hospitality industry. As a member of a growing team, you'll help define the next stage of our growth.
Tock Engineering takes a hybrid approach to work. Qualified engineers can choose to work from our offices, from home, or a combination of the two.
You will report to an Engineering Manager
You'll Get To…
- Shape the future of our automated testing strategy
- Help us with our ongoing goal of "shifting QA left" by working with developers to build testing automation strategies during primary feature development
- Increase developer productivity by automating regression tests and reducing the time it takes us to certify our daily releases
- Shape the evolution of a complex system
Who We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of experience as an SET, SDET, or related role
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices in the industry
- Experience with Selenium (Java) and TestNG or similar frameworks
- Working knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack including frontend and backend
- BA/BS or greater in computer science or a related field, but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Backup Dependent Care
- Subscription to mindfulness app, Headspace
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to the best design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.