Squarespace is seeking a Director of Strategic Initiatives to identify, scope, and scale new business opportunities.
You will oversee existing teams focused on business development, internationalization, and Circle, our community of design professionals. You will also scope and build out teams focused on new opportunities that you identify. The role reports to our SVP of Strategy in New York.
- Oversee high-performing teams focused on key strategic priorities:
- Business Development — building healthy partnerships to grow our business and product offering
- Circle — growing our community of registered design professionals who build for clients on Squarespace
- International Strategy — aligning the organization to a shared roadmap for non-US growth
- Build out operating teams for new opportunities
- Dive deep on unstructured opportunities
- Build teams to focus on those opportunities that align with company priorities
- These might include:
- Competitive intelligence
- New business lines
- 15+ years experience in consumer technology or a closely related industry
- Has a track record of business development success, striking new partnerships to grow the business
- Has demonstrated experience taking operationally complex projects from idea to fruition, building business plans and team to execute
- Skilled at translating high-level concepts into operational plans (and vice versa)
- Even-keeled, flexible, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to think both short-term and long-term
- Data-informed: Can investigate disparate data and structure data-driven arguments
- Can speak with sophistication about:
- Business models and their tradeoffs
- Competitive analysis
- Go-to-market approaches
- Consumer technology
- Organizational design and change management
- Goal setting and KPI measurement
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Manager, Partner
Yext, New York, NY
Business Development Representative (UK & Ireland)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Business Development Manager - Small to Medium Business
Eventbrite, Melbourne, Australia
Business Development Representative - Philippines
Ematic Solutions, Makati, Manila, Philippines
Digital Marketing Coordinator - Reno, NV
Noble Studios, Reno
Business Development Manager