The Frontend team at Squarespace is responsible for building one the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers are able to easily create beautiful interactive websites and stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to push the envelope with what is possible in a web browser, and to rally other engineers around that vision, we want to hear from you! As a frontend team lead, you’d be setting the direction for a team of 3-5 other frontend engineers, and owning a key part of the product. That could be a vertical responsibility for a feature or area of the product, or a horizontal responsibility for a specialty like performance, internationalization, or accessibility. This role will report to the Product Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Lead other engineers and collaborate with designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Have regular 1-1 with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for junior members
- Keep our product up to date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2015+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- Experience managing a team of 3-5 engineers
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up to date with the newest technologies
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace's platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
Want to learn more about Squarespace? Visit Squarespace's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud System Developer (H/F)
Motion Planning Algorithm Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Software Engineer - Frontend
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Support Engineer - Rolodex Team
Qualtrics , Provo
Senior Network Software Engineer
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Support Engineer EMEA
Rubrik, EMEA - Netherlands